• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Played-Owned Regions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey there,
I have always had problems with this.
I want to make a region that is owned by a player. The regions are already made (called "lot"s) and can be bought by players.
With "owned by a player" I mean that only the player owning that region can build there.
This is in GUI by the way. Any tips/info?
Thanks in advance.

1. Create a variable (array of regions pR_r) that will contain all regions that can be owned by players.
2. Create a variable (array of players pR_p), which will contain the owners of regions (var 1 ^).
3. Create trigger:
||Conditions
A unit enters Entire map
||Solutions:
Boolean(Unit is a building) == true
||Actions:
For each integer A from 1 to {size of your array} do multiple actions:
|if (Multiple conditions):
||(pR_r[integer A] contains Triggering unit)
||(Owner of Triggering unit is not pR_p[integer A])
|Then:
||Kill Triggering Unit

Level 18
Create an Integer variable with an index for each region you have (e.g. RegionOwner[x]). When a unit buys a piece of land, set RegionOwner[BoughtRegion] = (Player number of (Owner of (Buying unit))).

To make sure only that player can build there, you should have to make some wall around it and a circle of power that will only teleport the unit of the owner of that land onto it.

Level 3
That is the problem, I want people to be able to walk onto other player's regions but only the owner will be able to build there.

Level 4
The easiest way, is to change in

Advanced - Game Constants
Cancel Refund Factor - Building Construction

so that you get all the money back when a building is cancelled. Then you order the building to cancel construction if built were it shouldn't.

Or if you're mean... just leave the game constants be, making them who violates the rules, lose 25% of the construction cost.

Level 18
Wouldn't that be dangerous concerning resources spend on it? I also don't know if the building will be prevented from starting when the builder is already at the position where the building should be build (because there's no interval between moving and building then).

Level 25
Wouldn't that be dangerous concerning resources spend on it? I also don't know if the building will be prevented from starting when the builder is already at the position where the building should be build (because there's no interval between moving and building then).

If the unit stops before he builds a structure the resources are returned back, try a melee map for example.

Level 3
Try something like

• Events
    • Unit - a unit is issued an order targeting a point
  • Conditions
    • Issued order equal to "farm" or issued order equal to "barracks" or...
    • AND
    • Region[0] contains (targeted point) equal to true
  • Actions
    • Unit - Issue (triggering unit) to stop

I tried that but I couldn't get it right, I tried using variables like Region[array] but I have to make a variable for each region (since the array is used to determine whos the owner of the region, for example Region[2] belongs to the Player 2) and well... there are a bunch of regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.