• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger-Tutor Help - No Script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey. I'm looking for help about triggers. Here's what I want to happen:
-When Unit (Player-Owned Hero) is IN a region, not when it enters said region AND the owning player enters "-text" as a chat message:
-Teleport Unit to X Region

Is this possible in GUI form or do I have to go into JASS?

Level 4
It needs to be player generic though, or I could make 5 different triggers to make up for gui limiting :p
Also thanks for that. +Rep

Level 4
The map is going to be for 5 players, and so ALL units within the region whenever a player enter "-text" should be effected.
+ it needs to work for the other 4 players

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Ohh.
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -text as An exact match
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -text as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 000 <gen>) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
This would kill all units within a region when player 1 or two types -text just add the other players.

Level 4
And More Questions have popped up. At this point I think it'd be best to a) learn JASS, b) learn what all the gui triggers do, or c) get some help with my map.
Anyway, more triggering help is required before I get the first (playable) version of the map I am working on available, ofc w/o Save/Load and other such features.

This time the trigger(s) I want deal with again, player-owned unit transport/teleport. Considering what I am trying to do is make an ORPG based off of Twilight's Eve, I need help, because I am relatively new to the triggering part of map making.

So the trigger has to be this:
This trigger will help setup the loot pool. (I don't like ninja looters)

Events:
-Specific Unit Dies
Conditions:
?
Actions:
-Teleports all player-owned units within region X (owned by players 2-10 - using only 5 player slots though)
-Each unit must be teleported separately to a different region (the player-owned lootpool)

Status
Not open for further replies.