• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Platform 1 and 2 V1.6

Platform 1 and 2

This is an Altered Melee map! I just included a little story to go with it because I like making up stories =)

Story:
They say that all great leaders face the problem of cowards! Dispite Prince Keal'thas becomming subject to abandoners. These were not cowards! They were Keal's finest, the strongest, most agile and most intellectual of warriors. No-one can stand again the corruption of the demonic engeries, not even Keal himself.

The Prince never spoke of these corrupted soldiers, as it was a great loss to him. The Rogue Elves(as they became known) grouped together, forming a rather powerful force. They travelled the Wastes of Hellfire Penicullar for several months wandering. They found three great Platforms in which they claimed their own.

The Third platform is the largest and hence the rogue Elven encampment is situtated there. It is heavily guarded and any attempt to access would be suicide. However, whispers have mentioned that, whom so ever is in control of the first two smaller platforms, owns the alligence of these powerful rogues. Of course, this is just a myth, but yet many have ventured to these areas and not returned!

Do you dare follow the myth? Or do you cower down and let somebody else claim glory?

Points of Intrest:

4 x Goldmines (inculding player ones)

2 x Goblin Laboratory

2 x Goblin Merchant

1 x Nether Dragon Roost

2 x Rogue Elf Camps

2 x Way Gate

185128-albums2777-picture23484.bmp

185128-albums2777-picture23483.bmp

185128-albums2777-picture23482.bmp

185128-albums2777-picture23481.bmp

Change log:

• V 1.0 first release.
  • V 1.1 Terrain and doddads changed.
  • V 1.2 removed 2 goldmines, moved doddads around a bit, repositioned some units and added screenshots.
  • V 1.3 expanded starting area of one of the starting points, ajusted some doodads, changed position of goldmine and added the marksmanship upgrade in the Elven Barracks which is used by Elven Archer.
  • V 1.4 sorted out marksmanship upgrade for Elven Archers.
  • V 1.5 drastically altered the terrain, reduced the amount of trees, repostioned creeps and starting position, added different screenshots and changed the story slightly.
  • V 1.6 changed ingame names and descriptions.

Thanks to those of you have played an reviewed the map and told me where i have gone wrong. I can take all critism constructive, bad and good, so keep it coming.
This is pretty much a Melee map, it just has a couple of custom units and upgrades, so it is an altered Melee. Please download, rate and comment!

Keywords:
Rogue, Elves, Platform, Outland, 1, 2, Prince, Keal, Giant,
Contents

Platform 1 and 2 V1.6 (Map)

Reviews
15:05, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
My third fav map type is melee, after alt and RPG. This map is pretty good for a first map. The idea is good and all, and the terrain is okay. Just a suggestion, but maybe you could add some screenshots to the description and reduce the amount of neutral buildings. I mean, this map is 1v1 and it has like a dozen mines, camps etc. Also, all the creeps are facing every mentionable angle. Make them face one angle. Last thing, what the hell is the point of the merchant if it is blocked by a forest? Replace the trees with creeps or something. Nice for a first map, 3/5.

Level 7
Ok i have reduced the amount of goldmines, changed the angle of all the units (that i could find), moved merchant out from trees and spelt rogue correctly =p. I would add some screenshots but i don't know how! Could you tell me? and cheers for pointing the stuff out.

Level 23
Just make the screen ingame or in the world editor using Prt Scr button on your keybord.
Then paste it in Paint and save(I recommend to remove everything that isnt the screenshot, like buttons, and stuff like that). Then download the pictures in your albums and add those pictures in the description.