• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Planet Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Why would you even care about the rotation when a day on mercury equals to 88 days on earth, no person will stay in a game long enough to see that happen? I understand your concern regarding the geosphere though.

Level 24
...I'm saying a planet model should spin around its axis... Unless you want a tennis ball with a planet texture.

So you want him to make a 360 spin that takes 88 days just because it would look good even though no one would see all of it, besides wouldn't such a long animation take up a f-load of bytes? I also like animations but an 88 day long animation is not something anyone is going to sit through.

earth-spin.gif

Level 8
So you want him to make a 360 spin that takes 88 days just because it would look good even though no one would see all of it, besides wouldn't such a long animation take up a f-load of bytes? I also like animations but an 88 day long animation is not something anyone is going to sit through.

I'm sorry but I don't think it's necessary to be that accurate for a game.

Level 25
Not to be that guy Statharas, but some of the low quality versions of the Planets, doesn't rotate :)

No%20rotation%20for%20you.PNG

(Yes I know it's an image so it doesn't move anyway, but you at least have the path so you can check it out yourself).

However OP, check these out. They should be what you need.
ROTATION%20IN%20MY%20PANTS.PNG

Last edited:
Level 24
Thanks for showing us this, but these images are pretty huge please put them in
tags in the future.

You could probably use actor events to rotate the model lol.

Indeed you could. I personally like triggers.

All I told them was to have a model rotate around its axis. I did not mention how much it should take it to rotate, lol.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/planet-earth-245435/?prev=search=planet&d=list&r=20

They aren't supposed to have animations. Just because I think a planet model should rotate at x speed doesnt mean everyone else does. What if they want it to rotate the other way or at another speed?

You know how I'm talking about LITERALY 2 FRAMES OF ANIMATION, right?

It still adds to the size of the model.

Your arrogance is blowing my fucking mind.

...I'm saying a planet model should spin around its axis... Unless you want a tennis ball with a planet texture.

I'm saying your opinion on the matter shouldn't effect whether or not the model is accepted.

You're a bad mod and you should feel bad.

I tagged them as "Needs Fix"... It was literally making a sphere do a 360...

Also, the terribad sphere<geosphere.

You removed the model entirely.

Yes it is still viewable and downloadable from the site, and yes I can still get to the link based on my post history.

No it is not viewable on the list of Sc2 resources.

Level 2
I would suggest looking into some of the wow models. .

if you have wow installed on your computer you can use the wow model viewer to extract them and then import them into your map.

Status
Not open for further replies.