• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Place neutral victim or extra in editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Is there a way to place units owned by neutral victim or extra directly in the editor?

As a work around I'm just changing owner in map init but still it would be prefered to place them directly in the editor.

Edit: Also does (all players) include the neutral players too?

All players did not include neutrals.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you can't preplace units owned by those "players".

For the All Players question. You can test this yourself.
Make a trigger that loops through All Players and create a unit for each player in the process.

• Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Picked player) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees

Level 12
Who are these neutral victim and extra players?

They're neutral players like Neutral Hostile and passive, the difference is their alliance settings.

e.g. By default Neutral passive is neutral toward other players and players are neutral towards neutral passive as well, Neutral victim is neutral against other players but all other players see it as enemy.

tbh i don't really know what neutral extra's settings are.

Either way I'm using them to get 4 extra CPU players by changing their alliance properties and making custom AI for them.

So for instance instead of using a slot on a computer to have creep spawns you could use one of the Neutral players and have an extra human player instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.