• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Place Doodads on tables etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hello guys,
I saw on many terrains, some doodads (like candles etc.) placed on a table or whatever (= another doodad).
models_5303_screenshot.jpg

I tried it, too, found a neat table and a good candle model in the UTM and imported them into my map, placed the table and tried to put the candle on it. It didn't work; the candle went into the table, because it has to stand on the ground. I looked in the object editor for something like Doodad-Placing-Height, but there isn't something like this.

So my question is: Is it possible to change the height of doodads in the WorldEditor or do I have to edit the model and put it a bit higher?

Please help! Rep for a solving answer will be given.

Level 11
Use page up and page down. That moves the high of the doodad. That allows you to make parts of doodads in the ground or a doodad floating.

Of course doodad must be already placed on the map, and selected.

EDIT: Right. I forgot to tell ya to hold CTRL, just like krisserz said ^.^'

Status
Not open for further replies.