• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Pissed Off Error (Need help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hey, i currently am working on an orpg but my process is like going 5x slower cause my world editor (jassnewgen pack version) is giving me errors while working on my map i got a screenshot attachted to show the error. If anyone would be able to tell me how to fix this i would be very happy.

Greetings, House

Attachments

• PissedOffERROR.jpg
    PissedOffERROR.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 141

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You have version 1.21?
Try to update it

Too bad JNGP needs version 1.21, so that would break JNGP even more.

The error is caused by 2 programs gaining write access to the warcraft III expansion .mpq archive or that the program does not have sufficient privelages to access the .mpq archive. As such an I/O exception is thrown which is fatal (kills the program).

I have 3 ideas that may help.
1. Run JNGP as an administrator.
2. Disable anti virus (some lock the files while it reads them).
3. Move WC3 and JNGP into a less restricted drive. W7 more strictly watches the C drive (especially windows and program files folders) than most other folders.

Level 15
I had I/O device errors too...
Try to download HD Tune program.
It will check if you have Bad Sectors on your hard disk...
Scan it normaly, don't do QUICK SCAN !
It will take some time but it's worth it :) !
I had bad sectors on HD where my wc3 is so that's why I had I/O errors...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.