• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Pilot Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've already seen the spell in the spell sections that makes you a pilot, but I can't load it so I would like to ask for help here to make one. I'm deciding of making a map with alot of vehicles. Mabye like a Star Wars Battlefront like map. Also if someone could explain a trigger where you could make the camera shift into first person when you have your unit selected.

Level 12
No it is not too hard.
No you do not need to use cinematics, just camera ;)
And yes there are countles tutorials and systems about cameras.

Level 11
I've made some kind of that once - when you type a command and your camera locks to some of your units, and faces that unit's facing every hundred of a second. I can explain how to create cameras (to get you excited), and then you'll discover everything yourself:

Enter Camera Palette, click the Create Camera button. The just created camera will be set to the view you can see at the moment when pressing button. It means that you may rotate your WE (World Editor) view before creating the camera to affect it.

To edit an already created camera right-click it on the list and select "Edit name", or it's something like that. After the window pops up, check the box there and try to modify each field. After you modify a field, click on another one to view the field's effect.

The following trigger functions work with cameras:
Camera - Apply camera object - "moves a player's camera to a camera you created and that can be displayed on the list of palette."
Camera - shake/stop shaking - "note: number 3 that is used to determine the power of the shake doesn't take much effect."
Camera - Set camera's target - "use this if you are too lazy to create cameras and apply them each time, so you can edit a player's camera settings during the game."
Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode on/off - "making all units invulnerable during a cinematic is highly recommended, so they don't attack each other, but you still can make a battle-cinematic, using few units and issuing orders to them to attack some units"

Hope that's enough, I'm sure you'll find everything out yourself (as I did - the outminding trick with camera in my map, that any experienced mapper can make)

Status
Not open for further replies.