• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Picture] 'A Lasting Goodbye' "You are.. you are an Avian?" I heard Harriet ask Adonis. "Yes, I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
'A Lasting Goodbye'

"You are.. you are an Avian?" I heard Harriet ask Adonis.
"Yes, I am sorry but my appearance has been a lie since we first met. I couldn't let anyone know."
"And Sean? Is he?"
"Yes he was an Avian too. We were collecting information about your Human Kingdom."
"But... Why would you do this? Why did you lie to me?!" I could see tears forming in her eyes, those Demon infested eyes. Everything you tell her Adonis, Julian will know. That will not help us one bit.
"It was necessary or I..."
"Necessary! You have lied to me!"
"What did you expect me to do? Walk into the racist city of Falmir as am and expect acceptance?"
"No. I don't care that you had to hide, I care more that you kept your secret from me!"
"I am... sorry. I didn't expect things to turn out this way!"
"Stop, we shouldn't do this here. We need to leave this place."
"Before we do, Sean and Jack. We must give them a proper sending off." It was at that point when I realised why Harriet had such an eye for this Adonis. He was nice. A trait we as Humans do not see often. I do wonder on how it is to live life like Adonis has. I wonder if it is the same as I have lived mine.

We carried the bodies of Jack and Sean to a reasonable sized pyre so they could be burnt to ashes and join the Earth. The four of us, Adonis, Harriet, Finley and myself, watched as as the pyre burnt. No one said anything, just silence. It was a mournful time. We had all lost something these few days. Finley his job and life in Falmir. Harriet had lost many of her good friends. Adonis lost his brother, Jack and most importantly Harriet's trust. For me, things are not quite so permanent. Harriet will slowly be lost to me if we do not take care of Julian. If I lose her, I will have failed her father. A friend's dying wish never for filled. As the fire burnt for a time Harriet spoke. "Adonis. I understand why you had to lie and I forgive you for it."
"Thank you."
"But I have to ask of you one thing. Will you come with us to my Father's old lands?"
"I should really return to..."
"Adonis, after all we have been through. I think you owe me some time. Please come with us."
"Very well, I will. For you." Adonis' beak moved in an interesting way. It seemed to look like a smile. This was it. We are officially outlaws of the Kingdom. A small force of people.
"Adonis," I asked "now that we are Outlaws of the Kingdom, do you think that we will need a name to identify ourselves?"
"Hmm, yes. I think you could be on to something."
"May I suggest a name?" Finley spoke out.
"Of course."
"I heard Jack say Talon Guard... I wasn't aware we had such a name in the guard?"
"We didn't. Jack just didn't like Talon Company so he changed it."
"Well I was thinking. In memory of him. We become the 'Talon Guard'."

Attachments

• 61338.png
    61338.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.