• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix #Final

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Bored of playing the same odd Warcraft games ? Try something different!
Phoenix is a smart Mini game in the old Space invaders style which requires your skill!
Try to beat all levels with 21 Waves in your chosen Difficulty with a variety of many unique weapons and shatter your enemies.
Discover how diversified Warcraft can be!

Please do not judge the map because of its barely map preview!!!

This is the final version. Maybe if there appears big bugs ill may update it but generally this project is done.

*Update* v0.02a
-some minor balance changes

*Update* v0.03a
-minor fixes and balance

*Update* v0.04a
-minor fixes and balance
-trainingslevel added
-increased dropped gold amount a bit
-rare bug fixed which causes the game not to continue

*update* v0.05
-fixed some typos
-added some effects
-balancing

*update* v0.06 (skipped +.+ , forgot to update)
-no
-idea

*update* Final Version
-made 1.24 compatible

story
The Story is quite simple
Aliens are invading the world and you have to stop them to save mankind.
You got a Space ship and a choise of 8 weapons to destroy your enemys.
28397d1210695202-jonnny-s-maps-ph1.jpg

GamePlayer
As you recognized it is a singleplayer map which cannot be played on the bnet. This would be impossible too because you have to use the Arrow keys for movement and Escape button to shoot. (delay= dead)
the rest is simple:

-Shatter your enemys
-Dodge the Shots of your enemys
-Collect the Dropped gold
28399d1210695504-jonnny-s-maps-ph4.jpg

In the Shop you can repair your ship or buy one of 8 different unique weapons
28398d1210695504-jonnny-s-maps-ph2.jpg

At the moment there are 7 Levels witch 3 aves each (= 21 Waves)
Each Level contains new mean Enemys with unique abilities that you have to dodge for example homing missiles
28400d1210695504-jonnny-s-maps-ph5.jpg

or dodge your own reflected shots!

All in all this map is really simple but its alot of fun and addicting :>

28401d1210695504-jonnny-s-maps-ph6.jpg

Keywords:
Phoenix , retro , shooting , space , invaders , spaceship
Contents

Phoenix #Final (Map)

Reviews
16:17, 5th May 2008 The Hive Workshop: [+]The map is not edited , No permission or any credits needed to any other author. [+]The map is not protected , No need for any information about map protecting. [+]Map is in English. [+]No bugs or any...

M

16:17, 5th May 2008
The Hive Workshop:
[+]The map is not edited , No permission or any credits needed to any other author.
[+]The map is not protected , No need for any information about map protecting.
[+]Map is in English.
[+]No bugs or any crashes found.
-------------------------------------
[+]The map is epicly fun.
[+]Contains a lot of weapons , Custom content etc.

*Approved*

Level 15
I uploaded this map long times ago and it was not approved (no reason) - im sure nobody ever took a look at it so after finding this map in my Wc3 folders again i decidet to upload it again because i really like it and it was fun to create it :D

Rofl , there are 2 maps of this ... one is rejected and the other in the Director's Cut ... lulz...
ill delete the rejected one (im still sure it just got ignored...)

Last edited:
Level 10
Wow! miserable failure and directors cut, niiice :p

But really though, this game is well made and fun to play, although, it does bring up the classic question "if you're the last hope, why doesn't the npc's just give you the best weapons to start with, and more importantly, why do you have to pay for them!?"

Good work, 5/5 from me.

-Teld

Level 15
"if you're the last hope, why doesn't the npc's just give you the best weapons to start with, and more importantly, why do you have to pay for them!?"

:grin:thats right ... i just needed a story and without paying for the weapons it would be less fun :wink: but at the beginning this map was just a minimap-test which was fun to create .. so after finishing this map within one week i didnt care about logic :ugly:

and to the abyss tile :
if it is not in the tiles you chosen go to advanced -> there is an option where you can edit your tileset

Last edited:
*a first "training" level added*
Yes, a training level is exactly what I ment. =]

But i guees i wont add a chance to heal in the middle of a level , each third round is quite Ok i think , should not be too easy
Yeah, I ment it would cost a really lot, it would be like when people lose by a tiny bit of health they could heal for a big extra cost, but really, losing is losing, they should just do better next time.

Level 15
thx alot , but to be honest - it was not really hard to create it :ugly:

getting ideas for the waves was more difficult :p after creating a wave which dodges the shots , one which reflects then , one which shots homing missiles , one which calculates your current movent and so on my idea pool was really empty to not make it boring :eekani:

Level 5
Good and fun to play! I give it a 3/5 because it was good, don't get me wrong nice triggering etc, but it was nothing epic and I'm sorry but I don't think it deserves Director's Cut.

-Thick

Level 15
eh yeah i know i should
and i will soon if i find motivation and time
cuz i got to rewrite the complete game cache usage due theres no function which which converts the integer back to a unit backits not done with the GetHandleId() function
and i know that this will take alot of work for this map cuz its mainly based on it....

Level 3
Hey I'm a big fan played version 0.4 and it was Awesome.

Then i downloaded this version "Phoenix #Final"

I cannot seem to get the map to work. I have tried playing the map in 1.20e and 1.24b patches and both of them do not allow me to open the map or even play it.

Hope you can fix it cuz version 0.4 was awesome had soo much fun playing.

Hope you can make this version work,
KE

PS. PLEASE DISSAPROVE THIS MAP MODERATORS IT DOES NOT WORK!

Last edited:
Level 15
strange .. yourre right

starting from JNGP is perfectly fine

but starting from Wc3 does not work
+.+ does anyone know a possible reasion?

Edit : Anyway, i guess i fixed it
took the WorldEditTestMap after saving and testing and not the saved map ~.~
shouldnt be there no difference ? i wonder why the testmap was bigger :O

but seems to work now

Btw, if there is anything else about this map i am sorry but i wont be able to do anything due i move out today and do not have internet yet

Level 6
346140 is my first score! :D
I really enjoyed this map! It reminds me a lot of galaxian. Good Job -JoNny! 5/5!

Level 3
Hell Raider:

Great to see you are interested in this awesome map.

But as you can not play the map it either means 1 of 3 things.

Firstly: You need the 1.24b patch to be able to play this map
You can download the patch here http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=21224 or through the game via Warcraft's battle net feature.

Secondly: If you have the latest patch and the map does not work then there are 1 of 3 things you can do:

1: Assume the patch failed and re-download install the 1.24b patch
2: Assume the map failed to download correctly and re-download the map
3: Assume warcraft has become glitchy and re-install warcraft

Thirdly: If all that fails then you can assume the map is bugged and will not play no matter what and that is the creator's fault and nothing we can do about it.

Although the map is awesome and works fine in my 1.24b patch Warcraft 3 frozen throne.

Keep up the good map work,
KeKeKe

Last edited: