• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Perfectionist - Spell - Blink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I am working on an old project, however I am currently without access to a computer, or I would make this spell on my own. (As a matter of fact I have already made it). As you can tell from the thread title, however, I am not satisfied. so on to the spell.

Overview

The spell i require is basically a glorified version of blink. The differences however are fairly simple in words however I imagine very hard in practice.

Spell Features

So firstly I want the blink to be controlled entirely by triggering. The hero will move to the targeted point however not instantly, and not blandly.
The hero will move at a very fast speed (does not really matter so long as I can edit it) however will be transparent. Also when he moves he needs to leave a black trail behind him. (See 'The Black Trail')

The important feature of this spell is that the caster can reuse the spell WHILE BEING MOVED in order to change the course of the movement. Also the caster cannot acutually move (as in normal ordered move) while in the blink wave.

The Black Trail

So i've come up with my own ideas for the trail. It needs to be made from the missile model of the destroyer (as this model leaves a trail behind it) i figure you could just order it to move to the point of the caster as the caster moves. Then it looks as though he is emitting a black trail.

End Overview + Details

I would be realy greatfull if you could help me with this spell as I cant wait to see it work. I have a few other requirements for the spell.
1. MUST WORK FOR PLAYERS 1 - 10
2. NO LEAKS OR LAG
3. IF THE HERO PASSES THROUGH ANOTHER UNIT IN THIS TIME THAT UNIT SHOULD BE KNOCKED BACKWARDS HOWEVER, NOT INTO THE PATH OF THE HERO BUT TO THE SIDE.

Finaly i would like to give you a visual image. Many of you will have watched the 5th Harry Potter. The fight scene at the Ministry when the Order of the Phoenix enter and the Death Easter scramble is the image I leave you. I wish for this spell to look like the way they teleport.

Credits

I understand that this spell request is of a rather high standard and is particularly demanding. Which is why i can safely say you will be getting a bit more than 1.. rep. so thank you in advance.

PS. I have also included some thumbnail pictures that i think will help. Thanks.

Jaijaibinx

Attachments

• Blink.jpg
    Blink.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 156
  • Blink 2.jpg
    Blink 2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Level 7
You could try this spell:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...slayer-114855/?prev=search=charge&d=list&r=20
Its Gui quite useful and might fit your needs.
just set the avenger missile as an ability(maybe based on sphere...?) so that it goes on his arms and other bits to make it look cooler.
then just take it out later.

Edit: oh forgot that you needed it to knock back units. well im not sure if this might work but you could try basing the ability off of shockwave and make it so it knocks back...? well not really sure but its worth a shot. :)

oh yeah, its Mui and lagless

Last edited:

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Wow i assure u that this cannot be done in GUI .. coz it will have to use X and Y... GUI uses Polar projections... so u have to ask a pro JASSER....

This is just a tip for u ... so don't think of GUI spells for this ... if u want the hero while moving to move another location .. this can only be done in JASS..

I think there is a thing unit Begins casting an ability ,,, that should work for GUI but 20% to work i think :( too bad ...

Level 12
RMX, you're totally wrong actually. This could easily be done in GUI^^

EDIT: Well, if you want me to, i could have this spell finished tomorrow or the day after that complete with
Documentation^^

EDIT 2: Oh, and RMX, GUI can use X and Y to.

EDIT 3: I've begun making the spell now, the movement and sfx are done. Now, only the knockback and angle-switchability
remains^^

Last edited:
Reactions: Rmx

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Yup, but you said that there was no way to do it in GUI:

Quote:
Wow i assure u that this cannot be done in GUI ..

Coz it is too messy to make it MUI GUI.... i could make it easely ... still when u move the hero towards the location it cannot cast spells ... that is why u need X and Y... it is from JASS .. moving thingy...

So i told that it cannot be made GUI and u cannot make it only if u use JASS style ......

But it can be made GUI using X Y but it will be too much pain ... so why not do it in JASS.......

I can do this spell in 20 minutes if i want to ... 100% leakless ext... MUI ext.. but still the MOST PROMISSING RESULT is JASS...

Level 8
in almost every request asking for GUI someone has to bring up Jass... i understand that jass may work better but if it can be done in GUI and... of course it can.

I really need someone to make it for me as I am unable to currently and its something that must look good... doesn't matter if the its messy in the editor but so long as no or miniscule lag and it looks professional.

Level 12
Sorry to say this, but i couldn't get the knockback to work (that's what took me so long)
But the rest of the spell is completely finished, so i hope the knockback isn't extremely
important! If get the knockback to work, i'll tell ya ;)
Anyways, here's the spell(without knockback):View attachment 56485

Last edited:
Level 10
Jaijaibinx, if you accept edited spell, then I've finish your request.

It "heavily" edited from PsychoNerdial spell and use Paladon Knockback system.
It use PurplePoot index system, that i believe it's vJASS allocator.

For spell, i have some question
1. When spell is reused, you want the caster to move limited by distance or not? Like if blink is casted and target location 2000 far, then after the caster move 1000 far, caster reuse the spell to target 4000 far, you want the caster to move 4000 far from casting position or just 1000 far from casting position (2000-1000)? If the first, then you can move around map without stop blink because you just need to reuse it before blink stop.
I leave it as the first.

2. What is the limit of blink move? You want it to unlimited or limited distance?
I leave the cast range for first use is 2000 far, and for reuse is unlimited.

3. What about spell cool down? When is the spell fall to cool down? When the blink end (when caster not reuse it again or reach limit) or when the blink first used?
I set the cool down to 0

4. You want the caster to fully transparent (fully invisible) or just half invisible (transparent but still visible?
I set to 75% transparent

If you want to some change about spell, just tell me and I'll change it.
I don't think this fit your request, so Rmx, just finish your request.
This is the link of spell
Request - Blink

Status
Not open for further replies.