• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requesting a "dark lightning" projectile model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi. I need a very special projectile if it's possible.

Would it be possible to create a projectile which has a trail (similar to Pheonix Fire projectile and others) but have the trail last a long longer, and also have the projectile move around erratically in it's animation (kinda like cluster missle but more jumpy) Well hell, you could probably mod Cluster Missle into what I want... Ideally, it would arc but also appear very random.

So what I'm thinking is, a black "lightning" looking projectile that moves around erratically, and leaves a trail, also with some purple glowing, if possible, on the inside, not the outside. So black with purple on the inside, lots of contrast if possible.

Also, it would probably help to have one main projectile surrounded by a few tiny ones that swarm around it, all of them with long lasting trails (all in the same model) to truely emulate lightning.

Also, if several different versions with slightly different animations and one special version that looks super epic and over the top could be made, that would be great.

Sorry for wall of text. Anyone who does this will of course get credit. This is for a DotA suggestion, but even if it doesn't go through, I will find some awesome use for it, and I'm sure others will too.

Status
Not open for further replies.