• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Peasant model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am looking for someone who could do me a favor. I need a human peasant model with current picture but without work animation. I don't know if it's any hard to edit model like this, but if someone could I'll really appreciate that.

Level 7
I wasn't sure if you wanted me to only remove the work animation or all animations the peasant has related to gold and lumber? Here's a peasant who only has the animations:
Attack
Attack 2
Death
Decay Bone
Decay Flesh
Stand
Stand 2
Stand 3
Stand 4
Stand Ready
Walk.

Was this what you wanted? Tell me what you wanted with more details otherwise.
Just import model and portrait to your map and they are good to go.

Attachments

• peasantnowork.mdx
    135.7 KB · Views: 75
  • peasantnowork_Portrait.mdx
    35.9 KB · Views: 80
Level 6
I've got a vamp zero map, where are buildings are actually summoned. When peasant summons it, animation stays, and he acts like he's doing something. (just like me at work :)) but it;s pretty annoying. It's fine now.

15okb is on average 4 seconds per player , over battlenet
average adding about 15 secs in a game (asuming multiplayers seed, and its a 12 player, and a buncha people dont leave cause of long dl)

thats a big deal, then figure that everyone your playing with has to wait this, most every time they play the game. (unless it gets popular enough that people download it from a website)

12x15= 180 (3 mins per game) wasted, vs the 3-5 mins it takes you to set up the trigger - the time the model took (which was actually more than 3-5 mins)

so lets just chalk it up as
3 min * TimesHosted, asuming your map is hosted 100 times (most maps on epic war tend to average atleast 500 dls, so maybe 100 host)

300 mins of life wasted on people waiting....
now if it actually enhanced the ingame experience, it may be worth it, but the same thing can be achieved easier

Status
Not open for further replies.