• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

patch problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
CAN'T PATCH warcraft 3 frozen throne
im newbi here
the game is working as fine all w3 campigns and till bonus campaign act 1
but iam not getting to act 2 or 3

Also i cant play maps and campaigns which i downloaded from this site

i downloaded patch 57mb latest 2.7version
when i double click it says

"an error has occured prparing the patch.this problem can commonly be corrected by reinstalling the game and trying the update again.if this error repeats then contact blizzard technical support"

and tried many times reinstalling it but result is same

But surprisingly last year i patched this game and played DOTA but deleted unfortunately
a month before i again installed it but cant make toplay online or offline act 2 and 3

i tried regisry fix but result is same
version is 1.07
please help me

Level 3
no i cant when i run the patch(as admin) it says "the progm was unable to find the file required for patching file name - war3.mpq "

but that file is there around 400mb
its a pirated version
i downloaded from other torrent but the result is same

what to do

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
In Regedit.exe...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III
Make sure both...
InstallPath
InstallPathX
Are set to the path where WarCraft III is actually installed (the folder). The patcher is likely using those keys to locate the .mpq files.

Level 3
In Regedit.exe...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III
Make sure both...
InstallPath
InstallPathX
Are set to the path where WarCraft III is actually installed (the folder). The patcher is likely using those keys to locate the .mpq files.

yes they are like this

install path---F:\WAR\New folder\Warcraft III
install pathx---F:\WAR\New folder\Warcraft III
program-----F:\WAR\New folder\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe
programx----F:\WAR\New folder\Warcraft III\Frozen Throne.exe

what i should do?

Level 3
Is WarCraft III installed to "F:\WAR\New folder\Warcraft III"? If so then there is nothing you can do. If not then that is the source of the problem (all those paths need to point to where WarCraft III is installed).

program-----F:\WAR\New folder\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe
should i change to program-----F:\WAR\New folder\Warcraft III\War3.exe

becoz patch says cant find war3.exe or war3.mpq

Level 34
stop pirating
I actually don't care about people pirating wc3. Blizzard is not a company I respect that much anymore. Charging $40 (or whatever it costs these days) for a games that came out in like 2001 is ridiculous.

Although purchasing the game would fix your problems.

Level 8
Can't say I mind either (It's probably going to be cheaper than $40 though). I do feel it's a bit silly to ask us though, esp since the site prolly has an anti-piracy policy somewhere along with the silly anti-map-unprotection and stuffs.

And yes, you should try changing it to the actual name of the executable - war3.exe.

Level 3
Can't say I mind either (It's probably going to be cheaper than $40 though). I do feel it's a bit silly to ask us though, esp since the site prolly has an anti-piracy policy somewhere along with the silly anti-map-unprotection and stuffs.

And yes, you should try changing it to the actual name of the executable - war3.exe.

$40 matters to me,its perspective,anyway problem solved by the help of barons

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You could also try using an original disc (not a "cracked" version) and installing from that. Since you are patching it, it does not mater.

What could be happening is your version has modified "cracked" files that fail the checksum check that the patcher uses to detect corruption (cannot patch damaged files).

Level 15
Level 34
: O

I think I double checked on the Blizzard site, but fair enough. $20 is a much fairer price, although still more than I pay for most games.

Status
Not open for further replies.