• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't patch the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
After the download and install of the patch completes, when I try to launch the game i get "No game.dll found!" error.
I can't reinstall the game from the official site since the codes are already used by a friend that I no longer have contact with.
Where can I download the latest patch or this game.dll that i am missing?
Thanks and sorry if I posted on the wrong forum.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
After the download and install of the patch completes, when I try to launch the game i get "No game.dll found!" error.
Where did you download the game from?

I can't reinstall the game from the official site since the codes are already used by a friend that I no longer have contact with.
Maybe a subject of possible interest:
Is it possible to give someone a game key after it has been redeemed?

Where can I download the latest patch or this game.dll that i am missing?
From Blizzard.

Level 2
I managed to fix the issue.
The reason I couldn't open the game was because of the many outdated programs i had in my w3 folder such as unifont, kload and gproxy.
If you don't have your Blizzard account or the physical CD's anymore don't worry. What you need is the Warcraft III Launcher that you can find in your folder or download it and delete everything else. This launcher will download the whole game and update it, then you have to put your CD-Keys and your done.

Status
Not open for further replies.