• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[1.29 PTR] Can't run base game anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey there...I really need some help. This patch ended up screwing up a lot of things for me, It made it so I could no longer run frozen thrones or open the map editor. but I eventually found the new updated version on my computer, and when i tried to run my custom map on it, the whole game froze :( So i had to uninstall and re install the game, making sure to remove this new version completely!

So, now I have the very basic game installed and I was wondering if someone could please send me a link to a more recent patch? because when I go on to battle net it auto installs this broken 1.29 patch :( and the map I've been working on for almost 2 years no longer runs in Frozen thrones...

Level 14
PTR should be separate from your game.........WHy you installed it over main game? Make backups! I make like a back up every few minutes and only use 1.27 editor for it. I will switch over to 1.29 now since it has so many thingsi dreamed of :v
Try to use older version.....back up and copy older versions to other places on the disk for such purposes too.....

Level 7
PTR should be separate from your game.........WHy you installed it over main game? Make backups! I make like a back up every few minutes and only use 1.27 editor for it. I will switch over to 1.29 now since it has so many thingsi dreamed of :v
Try to use older version.....back up and copy older versions to other places on the disk for such purposes too.....

Oh hey there, sorry I'm noob XD But yeah It did create a separate file, but for what ever reason it made my mane game not work anymore, showing this error message in the image below..
Also, sorry for my stupidity, but how do I go back to the 1.27 version? I really just need it so I can finish the map i'm working on.

EDIT: I deleted your image because it displayed your key to the public and it can be stolen.

Level 14
Oh hey there, sorry I'm noob XD But yeah It did create a separate file, but for what ever reason it made my mane game not work anymore, showing this error message in the image below..
Also, sorry for my stupidity, but how do I go back to the 1.27 version? I really just need it so I can finish the map i'm working on.

EDIT: I deleted your image because it displayed your key to the public and it can be stolen.
Well you would need to get 1.27 installer. I can send you a link to one i archived for myself. Just send me a pm and i will link it back.

Level 7
Well you would need to get 1.27 installer. I can send you a link to one i archived for myself. Just send me a pm and i will link it back.

I would totally be grateful for a link to the 1.27 installer. Sorry i just have to figure out how to send you a pm XD I'm hardly on this site, and still not really sure how things work here XD

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] So, now I have the very basic game installed and I was wondering if someone could please send me a link to a more recent patch? [...]

For the record, there are patches available for 12 language versions of the game:
- Castellano
- Cesky
- Chinese_Simp
- Chinese_Trad
- Deutsch
- English (now, why do people always link to that one?)
- Francais
- Italiano
- Japanese
- Korean
- Polski
- Russian

Therefore, please replace 'English' (from the two links below) by one of the available localizations above, for a direct download of the appropriate patch from Blizzard's servers:
- http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3x/patches/pc/War3TFT_127b_English.exe
- http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3/patches/pc/War3ROC_127b_English.exe

Blizzard does not allow to patch one's game to another, different language version (yet?) afaik.

Status
Not open for further replies.