• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] patch compatibility problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Okay, so I created a map using the WE Unlimited in Warcraft 1.21 for the extra tiles to use and everything is a okay. But if try to play this map now in any newer version of wc3 it won't start (no teams, player in menus etc).
Am I screwed or is this somehow changeable?

Level 8
Yes I can open it but when I try to save it it gets like a million variable errors ;/ (on 1.21 i can save just fine). So I think I am stuck developing for those who have the 1.21 version lol

Level 8
All right I figured out a solution for anyone interested. Since I work on triggers, I decided to delete all of the custom code created by WEU, as it was causing the problems and ta-da it works :p I know this is a very risky solution so I will continue to work on my 1.21 version and delete all the code once I finish my work, not to develop on a buggy map ;D Thanks for your help either way ^^

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I am guessing you foolishly enabled WEU's GUI extension library. That depended on an old form of the type cast exploit to operate, so was broken by a patch many years ago.

If the map cannot open in WEX (replacement of JNGP) then one can always delete all the triggers by saving a blank map and use MPQEdit to copy across the GUI and GUI's JASS files into the old map replacing the existing ones. This will reset the trigger state to that of the new map. Obviously all old trigger data is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.