• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Patch 3.0.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I hate being kited. Try to kite me. When you get poisoned. Make sure I don't have a dot on me and ice trap and disengage. There you go. You got me in your horrible death zone.
That's why I have Deterrence, Counterattack and Disengage. It makes it (slightly) possible to kite you while poisoned.

Level 17
Team up with a shaman/paladin/druid or anyone that can cure poisons. Or get action potions.

Level 7
Just PvP'ed on my 69 enhancement shaman, and I gotta' say, not much better! Heres how it generally went:

Me vs Rogue: Stunlock, dead.

Me vs Paladin: Epic fail.Basically there all retribution now and for some reason retribtuion is extremely buff now... I hope they nerf it because it was embarassing losing to a retadin.

Me vs Warrior: I won! took me feral wolves and alot of instant casted healing waves but I pulled it off!

Me vs Mage: Well, I have a 22.02% crit chance (which I consider good), and I managed to pop a huge WF crit when I got close enough, I then instant casted chain and won!

Me vs Lock: Fear, dot, dot, dot, leave me at 10 hp, starts to dance, /mock, /mock, melees me with staff, dead.

Me vs Druid: Feral, I pwnt. Resto, took me nine hours but I pwnt. Balance, I pwnt!

Me vs Hunter: Loss for me :(.

Yah give shamans another buff jesus... Hell I'd settle for a slight buff on WF for crying out loud!

Level 16
Just PvP'ed on my 69 enhancement shaman, and I gotta' say, not much better! Heres how it generally went:

Me vs Paladin: Epic fail.Basically there all retribution now and for some reason retribtuion is extremely buff now... I hope they nerf it because it was embarassing losing to a retadin.

Me vs Warrior: I won! took me feral wolves and alot of instant casted healing waves but I pulled it off!

Me vs Mage: Well, I have a 22.02% crit chance (which I consider good), and I managed to pop a huge WF crit when I got close enough, I then instant casted chain and won!

Me vs Lock: Fear, dot, dot, dot, leave me at 10 hp, starts to dance, /mock, /mock, melees me with staff, dead.

Me vs Druid: Feral, I pwnt. Resto, took me nine hours but I pwnt. Balance, I pwnt!

Yah give shamans another buff jesus... Hell I'd settle for a slight buff on WF for crying out loud!

Me vs rogue: half-half, depending if I have insignia ready or not
me vs mage: win
me vs lock: win
me vs warr: 50-50, depending of his gear
me vs drood: win
me vs hunter: ...op class, loss
me vs retadin: 50-50
me vs priest: pure win
so ... It isn't so insignificant as it might seem. You just need to get used to it

Level 9
And Retadins aren't so OP.They're just stronger now and people are trippin' that they're so OP cus they can actually kill now.
Also don't expect to win so easily on 69 with Enh shamans, they're very gear dependant.

Level 9
Actually, Hunters shouldn't be able to kite Shamans now.If you have spec'd Imp Ghostwolf and the Earthen Power talent (that removes all movement emparing effect's when activating Earthbind totem) you would just need to Frost Shock him,put down a Earthbind totem and go Ghost Wolf and you'll catch him.

EDIT:

Yeah on level 72 or 74 WF is getting increased damage and more proc chance.So ^^

Last edited:
Level 9
Actually, Hunters shouldn't be able to kite Shamans now.If you have spec'd Imp Ghostwolf and the Earthen Power talent (that removes all movement emparing effect's when activating Earthbind totem) you would just need to Frost Shock him,put down a Earthbind totem and go Ghost Wolf and you'll catch him.
I can Wyvern Sting you and CC you for 12 seconds. I just need to reestablish range, place a frost trap, and just shoot you as you come running. You get frozen, rinse, and repeat.

Level 17
And Retadins aren't so OP.They're just stronger now and people are trippin' that they're so OP cus they can actually kill now.
Also don't expect to win so easily on 69 with Enh shamans, they're very gear dependant.
They have the extremely overpowered burst. They are going to nerf it.

Level 9
they Have The Extremely Overpowered Burst. They Are Going To Nerf It.

Nevah!

EDIT:

And so the time of OP ret Pallies is gone since 3.0.3 went live today.
BUT we can still dish out some hurt!
Also Elemental Shamans slightly buffed.
And thats about all that i read.

Level 9
I can Wyvern Sting you and CC you for 12 seconds. I just need to reestablish range, place a frost trap, and just shoot you as you come running. You get frozen, rinse, and repeat.

Well i can insignia myself out of it or better yet i put down a Tremor totem before u Wyvern sting me.Then get Feral Spirit ,Sprint ,stun.And a WF or 2 proc.And you should be dead by then.

Level 34

Don't you have to fight 70's? If so, how cna you even compare a geared 70 and a 69?

Level 9
Insignia, Deterrence, Disengage.

Damn you, you're good -.-"

EDIT:
Ok i repeat Frost Shock>Ghost Wolf>Melee range again.
If you concussion i use Earthbind totem.It pulses I'm freed.Set up a tremor for Anti-Wyvern sting.And get close to you again.

Last edited:
Level 34
Damn you, you're good -.-"

EDIT:
Ok i repeat Frost Shock>Ghost Wolf>Melee range again.
If you concussion i use Earthbind totem.It pulses I'm freed.Set up a tremor for Anti-Wyvern sting.And get close to you again.
You can think of all this now, it's the player that can act quickly enough to use all these in the game. If one player is better than another, they will usually win.

Level 7
Don't you have to fight 70's? If so, how cna you even compare a geared 70 and a 69?

69 is a far better way to judge how good your class is then 70. 70 you can go up against a full brutal and get raped no matter how good you are at playing your class. 69 no one really cares about the current gear as much as they do about the gear they have for 70, so the 69 bg's are actualy quite competetive and fun, as opposed to the 70 bg's/arenas where epix = win. SO... Basically in a 69 bg you are exemplifying the true power of your class where as in 70 you are exemplifying the true power of being an arena hugger.

Level 16
69 is a far better way to judge how good your class is then 70. 70 you can go up against a full brutal and get raped no matter how good you are at playing your class. 69 no one really cares about the current gear as much as they do about the gear they have for 70, so the 69 bg's are actualy quite competetive and fun, as opposed to the 70 bg's/arenas where epix = win. SO... Basically in a 69 bg you are exemplifying the true power of your class where as in 70 you are exemplifying the true power of being an arena hugger.

You're saying that trying to beat up a bunch of twinks or being a twink shows of a real power of a class? Oh cmon, you can't be serious. We're talking about being s3-s4 geared and facing other classes of same gear.

Level 7
You're saying that trying to beat up a bunch of twinks or being a twink shows of a real power of a class? Oh cmon, you can't be serious. We're talking about being s3-s4 geared and facing other classes of same gear.

Did you even read my post? The 69 queue has 0 twinks. What made a twink was the fact that the twinker had the funds to buy enchants and clefthide that the none twinkers had no access to. What kinda' 69 can't afford clefthide? I've rolled 3 characters to 70, and have BG'ed at 69 a ton, and no matter how much people wanna' beleive there 1337 69 is a twink, it's not. Therefore at 69 you have people on a relativley even playing field. If your class is OP, you'll dominate, if you're class is underpowered, you'll... failinate. However in 70 it's more like, if you have full brutal you'll dominate, and if you have full epic greens you'll falinate. So... 70 Bg = Gear, 69 BG = Class Balancement
Understand?

Level 34
But some classes need gear, so your so called "level playing field" isn't level at all. Call if dumb if you want, but it's the truth. Look at pre-BC. When the new talents came out, some classes were way overpowered, but that's only because the game was only balanced out at 70. It would require a shit load of work to make the game balanced at all levels, and I really could care less. Blizzard should only focus on making 70 balanced. Or 80 as it soon will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.