• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.32 for Classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I'm not sure about one thing. If you don't buy Reforged, you still get patch 1.32, but you won't be able to play with reforged graphics? But you're game will be updated to (probablly bugged a lot) 1.32, and you'll need Battle.net to launch it, but you won't have the access to reforged gaphics, "redone" campaigns, melee skins etc....

Does anyone here know?

Level 13
I have two versions of WarCraft 3 on my computer: 1.29.2 & 1.31.1.something.
I cannot update the game, Battle.net does not offer me a new version.
I do not own Reforged, so I guess you cannot update to 1.32.
No, no, no you won't be able to update it anyhow untill Reforged goes live on 28th of january(if they don't postpone it again). Nobody "has" Reforged yet, only beta access.
What I was thinking was, if someone knows weather you'll be able to update your Classic to 1.32 once Reforged goes live, without having Reforged.

Level 13
Isn't the Reforged beta using some 1.32 patch already though?
I could have sworn I read that somewhere in the Map Section.
Yes, but it's a beta so it doesn't "count". Like with patches 1.30 and 1.31, people who wanted to do beta had those patches, but the game updated officially only after it came out.
Here people who have pre-purchased have Beta automatically and thus the patch, but it's only in Beta so it doesn't "count". Nobody who hasn't pre purchaed has a beta access so it's unknown, weather everyone will get 1.32 for Classic.

Level 6
According to various sources,it appears that Wc3:Classic will be automatically upgraded to Wc3:R in January 28th."Reforged haters" will have to play Wc3:R without new graphics while "Reforged lovers" could unlock new graphics by switching a button in the option menu.

What worries me most is there will be no TURNING BACK.Hive guys should backup all of their old projects,maps,models,skins...etc.Keeping a pirate old version is recommended.Then we pray Blizzard to not mess up itself again.

Last edited:
Level 13
According to various sources,it appears that Wc3:Classic will be automatically upgraded to Wc3:R in January 28th."Reforged haters" will have to play Wc3:R without new graphics while "Reforged lovers" could unlock new graphics by switching a button in the option menu.

What worries me most is there will be no TURNING BACK.Hive guys should backup all of their old projects,maps,models,skins...etc.Keeping a pirate old version is recommended.Then we pray Blizzard to not mess up itself again.
So that means, the people who didn't buy Reforged will still get 1.32 and a name "Warcraft 3 Reforged", but won't be able to turn on the new graphics and other Reforged stuff (if any as it seems at this point)?

That might not be good news. That probably means that they'll bug Classic even more, so that people "have to" buy Reforged. I mean, I personally started as a Reforged lover, but Blizzard turned me into Reforged hater, by basically scrapping Reforged. With Reforged we now pretty much get a graphical update, and eight redone chapters(no new voicelines->no new quests/cutscenes, no story changes, that in my book means reterrained) and a few dooads here and there throught the Campaigns. For me I acctually don't think it's worth it.

Level 6
So that means, the people who didn't buy Reforged will still get 1.32 and a name "Warcraft 3 Reforged"
Yep.Do you remember Blizzard promised last year that Classic players could play with Reforged players?That's how it works.One client,one server...

Level 20
There's no such thing as 'pirate old version' as long as you can keep old versions and that's no more difficult to deal with as it was with Starcraft. The difficulty comes where there isn't a real consensus of which old version to keep for development purposes (1.26 and 1.28 being fairly common)

Level 23
There's no such thing as 'pirate old version' as long as you can keep old versions and that's no more difficult to deal with as it was with Starcraft. The difficulty comes where there isn't a real consensus of which old version to keep for development purposes (1.26 and 1.28 being fairly common)

In theory yes, but many players updated without copying before, because it wasn't known that the old files would be deleted.
Thus many modders "had to" download some pirated version.

Also you would still break the EULA by simply copying the files, which could be considered piracy:
fXmXrKP.png

The only real "legit" way would be not updating.
I suppose blizzard has been quite lax on enforcing that.

Level 6
The difficulty comes where there isn't a real consensus of which old version to keep for development purposes
I agree.It's quite a challenge for Blizzard to attract enough players back to BattleNet.As we all know,communities of Wc3:Classic have been divided since patch 1.27.Some players kept sticking with 1.26 or earlier versions in order to play at third-party platforms,others marched into 1.29+ but struggled with tons of bugs later.

Most of us are just confused which version deserves playing,the "pirate" old ones or the official new one(1.32)?For example,I always wanted to try your Sorceria series in patch 1.31 but Blizzard has screwed up that patch.It seems that my only option is downloading a pirate Wc3(earlier than 1.26).But if I did that,I would have missed the opportunity of enjoying other custom campaigns made by OutsiderXE,Shar Dundred,Turnro,Tomoraider...etc,.

Level 6
My prediction is that there would only be two standards, 1.26 (which is compatible with the third party nonsense), and whatever Blizzard shoves down our throats (just like they did with 1.31).

If your map is already not compatible with 1.26, and you don't want to hassle getting old ver or making map compatible with old ver, you'd have to recompile/resave it with new world editor. This is where protected maps bury themselves with all the irony the 2006-8 internet can muster, since they cannot be opened with world editor and re-saved to new format (nice job protecting your maps guys-from-the-past that-are-no-longer-around-to-provide-new-version!). A Silver lining is that Blizzard seems to try and fix back-comp issues but it will take several months just like it did with the 1.31 clown fiesta.

If the third party wc3 hosts abandon 1.26 in favour for shiny new 1.32+, then you could probably stop worrying about anything other than latest wc3 ver.

In my research (new jass and 1.31 object editor data not counting), wtg, w3i, and wct files are the things that prevent maps from being back-compatible (or forward compatible in some cases). deleting those files and injecting compatible ones might make your map work (but its long shot and you have to be pretty adept at wc3 modding/editor stuff).

Level 20
Most of us are just confused which version deserves playing,the "pirate" old ones or the official new one(1.32)?For example,I always wanted to try your Sorceria series in patch 1.31 but Blizzard has screwed up that patch.It seems that my only option is downloading a pirate Wc3(earlier than 1.26).But if I did that,I would have missed the opportunity of enjoying other custom campaigns made by OutsiderXE,Shar Dundred,Turnro,Tomoraider...etc,.
I don't know what you mean by this because it works fine in 1.31 other than the issues that affect everything (loading a Save Game breaking certain triggers affects everyone's custom campaign).

Level 6
it works fine in 1.31 other than the issues that affect everything

ws_01.jpg

Are you implying that Sorceria series will support 1.32 in the future?That's very kind of you,I thought you were those who hated Reforged and refused to upgrade their "pirate" Wc3 to official versions.No offense.DrocoL1ch also hated Reforged but I respect him in a way.

My point is:A lot of old custom maps couldn't work properly in patch 1.29+,hence keeping a "pirate" Wc3 is recommended.However,it's not fair for those authors who are keeping up the pace with Blizzard,because most new maps updated by WorldEditor 1.29+ no longer support "pirate" old Wc3.

If players are forced to gather in a single version(1.32),division of communities will be inevitable unless Blizzard figure out a way to satisfy everyone.

Last edited:
Level 20
That's what the 'Present' label is supposed to imply. It doesn't work on versions prior to 1.26 so that's where the range starts and as far as I can tell the game works (mostly, because of Blizzard reason) fine in the current patch since that's the version I'd been playtesting with (while just assuming everything works in the patches in-between).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.