• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Passive Abilities on paused units

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Is there a ability which works while unit is paused?

I would prefer a ability which passively damage nearby units. I tried with phoenix fire but that didn't work. I don't know all the passive abilities, but I know that most auras still is visible even when unit is paused. Is there any item or weird abilities that works passively (preferable ability which can harm) even unit is paused

Fast answer would be appreciated.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
So you don't want triggered abilities ?
Awww.

Have you tried Permanent Immolation ?
Haven't thought about that. I may test it. (Edit: It didn't work)

I would prefer as little trigger use as possible since I experience problems with to many triggers running. I prefer to use it as a last resort since phoenix fire already is using the game engine and never fails to hit kill a projectile (unit), immolation might be a good alternative if it the paused unit damage other units with it.

Otherwise I must resort to use dummies.

Last edited:
try thorns aura or how is it called, kepper of the something's(night elf hero with tranquility) third spell
It returns damages, it don't deal damages in the area.

I would say some negative healing aura that hits enemies only, but it won't be considered by damages in triggers.

Or simply triggering, as Defskull said.

Status
Not open for further replies.