• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Particle emitter not working in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
I tried to make a projectile's Death animation have a larger explosion.
Edited it in war3 Model Editor, everything seems to display fine in the W3ME.
But after importing it in my map, the yellow flash in the middle of the blast (particle emitter BlastFlare) does not work. This makes the explosion look very dull.

What could be the cause? I tried playing around with parameters like Blend/Additive or model's bound radius but nothing seems to work.

Edit: another detail, when viewed in the World Editor, the flash in question sometimes is visible, and sometimes isn't, seemingly at random.

Attachments

• BasiliskMissile.mdx
    6.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Level 23
When I use the editor's "Calculate Extents", it sets extents to a very small number that is much smaller than the flare that is not displayed. It seems to ignore particle emitters and only care about the model's geometry. I saw no difference before or after using "calculate extents", or after manually rewriting all extents to a large number.

Another particle emitter (creating ring-shaped shockwaves on the XY plane) with pretty much the same size and other settings in the same model works just fine and is displayed in game.

When I open the model with Hive's "sanity test", the death animation sometimes shows the flare, and sometimes it doesn't, same as in the World Editor, but in the game it is never displayed while the rest of the model works.

Status
Not open for further replies.