• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Parasite 3 v1.07

Description

A game of deception. Two randomly choosen players are selected to be an alien and a mutant, and the rest are human. Humans work together to figure out who among them is non-human and destroy them while the Alien and Mutant deceive the humans and kill them! The Mutant and Alien are not allies and must destroy each other as well.

Feature Highlights

- Alien and Mutant elements are able to disguise themselves as humans, creating an atmosphere of paranoia and mistrust.
- New Mutant player introduced to the series: a lone hunter that kills and absorbs players to acquire more power.
- Custom Chat system that allows players to communicate strickly to other nearby players only or to all players. Also features that allow you to disable long range chatting!
- Intricate use of various different items and weapons that offers a wide array of customization.
- Triggered projectile system requiring players to "point click" to use their weapons, adding a greater skill curb.
- Epic space ship combat with triggered movement and projectiles in a similar fashion as the projectile system implemented.
- Interactive environment; access a wide range of different terminals and other things to change the flow of the game.
- Money system; money is acquired periodically and is used to purchase more powerful items. Money can be stolen from other players.
- If you die, you can participate in a death match mini-game with other dead players or choose to watch the game.
- Game automatically remakes after it ends!
- Dead players are able to revive!

Model/Skin Credits

NewbieMapper, alfredx_sotn, JetFangInferno, acolyteofdoom, Matarael, killst4r, s4nji, Epsilon, Frankster, Talon the Mage, abriko, RightField, Ham Ham, Suselishe, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, Elenai, Afronight_76, halo, CRAZYRUSSIAN, -JonNny, Anachron, Infinitynexus, The_Silent, 0123456789, KelThuzad, Mc !, bigapple90, Zombie, SantoRayo[iP], graystuff111, Captain_Rufar
Also, special thanks to madhatters for his projectile system.

Please bring it to my attention if I have missed anyone!

Play Testing Credits

Aztingo, Senza-Amoree, Darth_Lag, Plutonium239, NS_Ice, Marak, Nickhunter, Stark, Clanzion, Shadowfrench, SpoonKitty, SophietheDog, Death_Waits, LordDreed, Warchief(L), SimaZhao[lotf], Dodecahedron, GrandMasterTash, YinYang, Bloody_Wolf, CrazedTroll, and Illadinz

- Fixed a bug with that allowed players to revive with medical suit after they were killed inside an exploding ship or station.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to access the interior of space ships even while they were in space.
- Revised Dragon Combat Suit.
- Revised Tesla Combat Suit.
- Buffed Space Station's regular attack.
- Nerfed Nemesis's regular attack.
- Increased space ship turret's collision radius.

- Fixed a bug that causes space ship turrets to damage themselves.
- Fixed a major bug that occured after the inhabitants of a destroyed space station or space ship were killed resulting in everyone always reviving after death.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Dragon Combat Suit's Heat Field ability from affecting enemies.
- Fixed Private Chatting.
- Nerfed Meteor Shower Event.
- Slightly Nerfed Space Pirate Event.
- Slightly Nerfed Space Station's regular attack.

- Nerfed Flame Thrower Robot Event.
- Fixed a victory/defeat bug that would occur when all players simultaneously die.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to continously revive themselves with Medical Combat Suit.
- Fixed a bug that would not let the Furnace be able to hold corpses after a game remakes.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a space ship to be stuck after launching if the space station landed on the planet.
- Lowered the chance at which random events can spawn.
- Lowered the amount of kills needed to unlock killstreak rewards for The Arena.

- Nerfed overall damage that can be inflicted upon any player.
- Reduced firing delay for semi-auto weapons.
- Reduced the amount of life recovered from auto-regeneration.
- Reduced overall unit move speed.
- Made Random Events trigger less frequently.
- Nerfed Space Station's regular attack.
- Nerfed the Speed Boots Item.
- Buffed Dragon Combat Suit's Projectile Speed.
- Replaced Dragon Combat Suit's Conflagrate Ability with Napalm Grenade.
- Buffed the Effect Radius of the Dragon Combat Suit's Heat Field Ability but lowered its damage.
- Replaced Tesla Combat Suit's Static Charge Ability with Circuit Breaker.
- Buffed Hazmat Combat Suit's Hazmat Shield ability by doubling auto-regeneration rate while it is active.
- Revised the Space Pirate Event.
- Nerfed the Maximum Life and damage for Failed Human Experiments.
- Nerfed the Maximum Life for Renegade Robots.
- Nerfed the Melee Damage for the Fire-Based Renegade Robot.
- Slightly Reduced the time it takes to enhance genetics.
- Slightly Increased Cooldown for Item Dispensing.
- Made Blood Tester unusable until after the first 5 minutes of each round.
- Prevented the Item Teleporter from teleporting a detonated Anti-Matter Bomb.

- Added Capital Rewards For Killing Random Event Spawned Enemies.
- Added Team Color Distrinction For User Controlled Juggernaut Suits.
- Added Particle Shield Ability to Juggernaut Suits.
- Buffed Move Speed for Melee Alien Forms.
- Buffed Space Station and Each Space Ship's Maximum Hitpoints.
- Slightly Buffed Maximum Life for Tier 1 Alien and Spawns (non-cyborg).
- Increased Cooldown for Item Dispensing.
- Reduced the Cooldown for the Arena Juggernaut's Emergency Repair Ability.
- Nerfed Cyborg Spawn's Maximum Hitpoints.
- Nerfed Most Ranged Damage.
- Nerfed Medic Combat Suit's Firing Rate.
- Nerfed Transfusion Kit.
- Nerfed the Assault Combat Suit's Ensnare Ability.
- Nerfed Damage Inflicted by the Star.
- Nerfed Shadow Combat Suit's Blackhole Ability.
- Nerfed Maximum Hitpoints for Renegade Robots.
- Fixed a Bug That Prevented The Dragon Combat Suit's Napalm Grenade From Inflicting Damage.
- Fixed a Bug That Would Cause a Player's Screen to be Locked Onto The Space Station Whenever it is Launched From The Planet.
- Fixed a Bug That Prevented Gene Splicer on The Helios From Functioning Properly.
- Fixed a Bug That Displayed Player Red's Name as the Victorious Reaper, Regardless if he/she is or isn't.
- Fixed a Bug That Would Cause Killstreak Reward Items to Drop From Slain Arena Contenders.
- Fixed a Bug That Allowed Arena Contenders to Use Super Abilities Limitlessly Once Awarded.
- Fixed a Bug That Prevented Players From Viewing Cameras on Planet And Ships.
- Fixed a Bug That Would Sometimes Cause Players to be Permanently Stuck Onboard a Ship When Launched From a Station Preparing to Land on The Planet.
- Fixed a Bug That Would Prevent the Anti-Matter Bomb From Affecting Anything When Detonated on The Planet.
- Fixed all Bugs Associated with the Juggernaut Killstreak Reward for Arena Contenders.

- Nerfed First Aid Kit Cooldown.
- Nerfed Mutant by Reducing its Starting Armor to 0.
- Nerfed Damage for Covert, Hazmat, Dragon, and Shadow Combat Armor Suits.
- Nerfed the Shadow Combat Armor Suits's Blackhole Ability.
- Nerfed the Hazmat Combat Armor Suit's DeGenerator Ability.
- Reduced the Amount of Animals Spawned in Biodome and on the Planet.
- Fixed a Bug That Would Cause Dispensers on the Planet to Not Respawn After Remake.
- Fixed a Bug Where the Gene Splicer on the Helios Would Spawn Genetic Material Items in the Wrong Location.
- Fixed a Bug That Allowed a Player Enslaved by the Captain's Badge to Change Alliance Settings.
- Fixed a Bug That Allowed Aliens to use Cryogenic Chamber.
- Added Guilt System for Anti-Team Killing Measures.
- Added Scanner to Planet.

- Fixed a bug that would cause genetic upgrades to kill a player if they were created by the gene splicer on the andromeda.
- Fixed a bug that would cause aliens and mutants to die if they revert to human form with low hp.
- Nerfed the Reaver Alien's Deep Tunnel ability.
- Nerfed the Mutant's Quantum Leap ability.
- Nerfed the Savage Alien's Voracious Spore ability.
- Nerfed the Behemoth Alien's Thunder Spore ability.
- Nerfed the Draconian Alien's Nightmare ability.
- Nerfed the Magnum item.
- Nerfed the Mutant's Tentacle abilities.
- Buffed the Absorber item.
- Buffed the Heavy Assault Mech.
- Decreased the cost of the Super Weapon Clip, Syphon Kit, Infared Lense, Portable ALRM, and Identity Change items.
- Made it easier to rapid fire with semi-auto weapons.
- Reduced the rate of fire for the shadow armor suit.
- Reduced the initial armor reduction for the maverick armor suit.
- Allowed the Heavy Assault Mech to be pinpointed on the minimap for aliens and mutants.
- Allowed the maverick armor suit's auto target ability to be used in conjuction with semi-auto weapons.
- Intensified guilt by also adding a capital reduction to the team killer.
- Added new abilities for the maverick armor suit.
- Added capital rewards for killing infested animals, failed human experiments, pirates, aliens, and the Mutant.
- Added capital rewards for earning killstreaks in the arena which carry onto the next round.
- Added a secondary auto regeneration upgrade effect to the Portable ALRM item.
- Added the microfusion bomb cache event.
- Added the abomination event.

Keywords:
Parasite, Parasite 3, alien, paranoia, mystery, murder, who is the killer, who is the alien, deception, survival
Contents

Parasite 3 v1.07 (Map)

Reviews
12:02, 22nd Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Level 5
Thanks for the suggestions. Im still working on this map. I took a little break, but alas here is the new version changes:

- Nerfed First Aid Kit Cooldown.
- Nerfed Mutant by Reducing its Starting Armor to 0.
- Nerfed Damage for Covert, Hazmat, Dragon, and Shadow Combat Armor Suits.
- Nerfed the Shadow Combat Armor Suits's Blackhole Ability.
- Nerfed the Hazmat Combat Armor Suit's DeGenerator Ability.
- Reduced the Amount of Animals Spawned in Biodome and on the Planet.
- Fixed a Bug That Would Cause Dispensers on the Planet to Not Respawn After Remake.
- Fixed a Bug Where the Gene Splicer on the Helios Would Spawn Genetic Material Items in the Wrong Location.
- Fixed a Bug That Allowed a Player Enslaved by the Captain's Badge to Change Alliance Settings.
- Fixed a Bug That Allowed Aliens to use Cryogenic Chamber.
- Added Guilt System for Anti-Team Killing Measures.
- Added Scanner to Planet.

Last edited:
Level 3
Sorry but it just takes too much time to get used to the interface, and it's far too easy to kill someone... it took lots of skill in parasite 2 or simply afknes of the enemy or dumbness, i liked the maverick suit 3 sec bombing which not one player i have played with ever done besides me.

This is frustrating to play and not fun at all, i can't give suggestions since i wont test it because it's not attractive, ill try it when it hits 1.5 no sooner.

Level 1
Anyone know where I can try to play Parasite 3? I had loads of fun playing Parasite 2, till it died out the mass of bots.

Level 1
This game is soooo addictive, but there are so many bugs.

-Players can "bypass" the guilt buff by using a particle shield right before killing someone. Although the damage penalty is still applied, the buff isn't there.

-Mana is still not retained after switching a suit after being genetically enhanced.

-Players can fly through vents by rocketing themselves or sonic booming others... (low priority)

-Players can sonic boom other people into the black "out of boundary zone" in the left wall of the control room.

-(a little iffy on this one) Stealth suit can EMP blast people with a particle shield on?

-Sometimes, the launch or release mutants ability is retained after stepping off the circle of power.

-A mutant/spawn/alien can revert to human form while low on hp (approximately 100-ish) and "glitch-die" from lack of hp. This results in their death not being counted and therefore can break the game entirely.

-A slave can uncheck share control to be freed.

-The cryochamber and the DNA combiner in Andromeda is defective and will kill anybody that uses either of those devices.

-Space disasters still persist even after the game ends.

Suggestions?

-Fix all above bugs, obviously.

-Make the portable ALRM more useful (ex: automatically revives you when kept in inventory).

-Award credits for killing mutants and pirates.

-Respawn animals after they die or when their infected form dies.

-Make the range on absorber bigger or decrease the startup time.

-A permanent item that gives an extra ability to the suit.

-Make abilities and bombs NOT affect allies. (The amount of raging teamkilling spawns is getting ridiculous.)

-Allow the alien cerebrate to kill off spawns easily in case they're naughty.

-Add back the power generator.

-Do not show the speaker's color in the intercom for epic deception and fun.

-A suit that specializes in buffs or spells that don't directly damage people (for those particle shield lovers...)

-Show the "do not leave if you die" message at the beginning of the game, some people quit right before they die since they think it's all over.

That was a long wall of text...phew.

Level 5
Thanks for the suggestions, I will keep them in mind!

Edit
Map Updated:
- Fixed a bug that would cause genetic upgrades to kill a player if they were created by the gene splicer on the andromeda.
- Fixed a bug that would cause aliens and mutants to die if they revert to human form with low hp.
- Nerfed the Reaver Alien's Deep Tunnel ability.
- Nerfed the Mutant's Quantum Leap ability.
- Nerfed the Savage Alien's Voracious Spore ability.
- Nerfed the Behemoth Alien's Thunder Spore ability.
- Nerfed the Draconian Alien's Nightmare ability.
- Nerfed the Magnum item.
- Nerfed the Mutant's Tentacle abilities.
- Buffed the Absorber item.
- Buffed the Heavy Assault Mech.
- Decreased the cost of the Super Weapon Clip, Syphon Kit, Infared Lense, Portable ALRM, and Identity Change items.
- Made it easier to rapid fire with semi-auto weapons.
- Reduced the rate of fire for the shadow armor suit.
- Reduced the initial armor reduction for the maverick armor suit.
- Allowed the Heavy Assault Mech to be pinpointed on the minimap for aliens and mutants.
- Allowed the maverick armor suit's auto target ability to be used in conjuction with semi-auto weapons.
- Intensified guilt by also adding a capital reduction to the team killer.
- Added new abilities for the maverick armor suit.
- Added capital rewards for killing infested animals, failed human experiments, pirates, aliens, and the Mutant.
- Added capital rewards for earning killstreaks in the arena which carry onto the next round.
- Added a secondary auto regeneration upgrade effect to the Portable ALRM item.
- Added the microfusion bomb cache event.
- Added the abomination event.

Last edited:
Level 4
Does this have a youtube preview? Read a bit of the description and reminds me of 1 of my fav map - Murder at Sleepy Town. I like this kind of maps.

Level 1
Well done, I was getting tired of those god darn TKers. It's time to go kick alien butt with the maverick suit!

<EDIT> Ick, there's a game breaking glitch where people who are targeted with the position swap ability from the maverick suit can fly any where on the map. Fix, it asap, please. X.x

Last edited:
Level 1
I Love this map but i dont know where i can play it online is there a community on garena or anywhere else where i can play this map ?:thumbs_up:

Level 3
i don get why MOST host that get addicted to this is very childish or immature, they never explain to others how to play, so i don think many give a care about the loading screen since it loads fast for them.
mostly they just board a facking ship at the beginning and destroy the station for no reasons.
some player clueless about this game thought it was counter-strike and decided to go Leeroy Jenkins killing each other.
When I set off tac communication off to close alien's plot, 5 out of 12 player left the game and the host got so facking mad at me.

Overall experience 1/5, everything i did was making other pissed.
Encountered a glitch where my unit can like.. walk through everything including walls and pathing blocker... My marine was at the balcony-like corridor near the turret/barricade shop at that time