• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Paranormal Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
I been thinking about making a survival style map after completing my campaign, but I need a opinion about the idea.

Storyline

A meteor hit a city at 8pm and immediately lost contact 2 hours after the incident. Upon the satellite image, it indicate the meteor is likely to be a UFO in sphere shape; which naturally release some sort of unknown gas that cause unnatural thing to be happen.

Ever since the gas been release, strange occurance been happen around the city. Dead body raise from the graveyard, quicksand appear out of nowwhere, plant became a man-eater plant that eat everything, ghost and banshee appear out of nowhere and people gone bonker all the sudden after they absorb the gas.

Nuclear missile have been order to be launch to the city after a emergency meeting was conduct with the world leader; however even with the launch of the 6th nuclear missile despite several failure at the other attempt. The nuclear missile seems to be malfunction whenever it reach the target.

This prompt them to send in 10 commander to destroy the unknown object. Can they do it ?

Mission Objective

Destroy the unknown object.

Get to the evacuation point after the object been destroy (30 minutes).

Note

Ok, you all might think this might be another survival style map where you kill zombie and more zombie. But, you are wrong when you think it this way.

Paranormal Night involves a lot of strategy, apart from killing zombie; you would face other enemy as well such as man-eater plant, ghost, quicksand and the lack of oxygen.

Zombie can be kill by ordinary weapon such as shotgun and machinegun, but ghost cannot be kill by it; even flame thrower and grenade are pointless against ghost.

The only way to kill ghost is to get a item known as Holy Book where the unit can chant out a spell that could repel them off; ghost attack can be wart off by going to Church, but zombie ain't afraid to go to church; remember to be on the lookout for it.

As for plant eater, it cannot be kill by ordinary weapon as well; they can only be kill by high explosive weapon such as grenade or bazooka; flame thrower or weed killer.

In this map, player could run out of oxygen. So, player need to find a oxygen tank before they are out of air.

To make matter worst, lightning would strike randomly at the map; don't be suprise if get struck by lightning. It could possibly reduce the hp greatly.

Quicksand would slow down speed rapidly, and it often appear whenever a mass amount of plant eater appear. So, be on the lookout or get swarm by them.

You can get assistant or should I said, allies whenever you explore the city. But, don't trust them all the time as they might possibly inhale the gas. They could assist you and all the sudden attack you for no reason.

You cannot kill them right away when you both are allies as you would need their help and killing them would cause the mission to be failed. They could lead you to wrong direction or the right way, to trust them or not is up to you.

Killing the allies would resulted into the spawn of zombie from their dead body and ghost from their soul; having a holy book would be handy or else you would face the wraith of the ghost.

Sometimes you would seen a mad cow; kill them or get rammed by them.

Fear is a feeling that have in everybody heart, you need to get a drug to boost your courage before you make any attempt to discover a much horrific area and you cannot simply use this item outside the city. It have to be used inside a room where the entire air have been purified or else you could inhale the gas, causing you to dead.

This was just a idea stage to see people opinion, what do you think ?
Pardon my typo/grammar errors.

Level 3
The story sounds really good

but how are you going to bring in some strategie , i this game ?
however the story is really good . :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:
but are you going to feature heroes or not ? might be needed .

Level 7
lol the grammar made it kinda hard to read :D

Sounds quite promising but add more enemies since all you have is a zombie, a ghost and a plant :| Make like a pack of wild animal monster things that run around the entire map. They'll only attack you when they see you so you're going to have to hide to escape them. Because of their large number, it is impossible to fight them and live (you may kill a few but that's all you'll kill) :D

And make a PH enemy. You can't have a "haunted city" map without pyramid head!
Good luck!

Level 15
The story is really good, but lacks some logic.
Firstly, why would a UFO contain some weird gases? Maybe the aliens where trying to transport some nuclear waste or something across the galaxy but their spacecraft got damaged. Thus releasing causing the nuclear waste or whatever to sink into the ground, causing strange stuff to happen. If it is so, maybe the aliens would want you to help them.
Okay, so if you agree with what I said above but still want to keep your story, I have a fine suggestion. You could try and make the scenario different. Say there is a 50% chance for your original story to occur and another 50% chance for mine to occur.
Also, to your point on strategies, it is rather real-life. I think maybe zombies should also spawn only when the gases spread to the graveyard/graves. Thus maybe you could have another mission to try and stop the gases from spreading.
Another thing is that maybe ghosts only appear when a unit non-zombie unit gets killed. I would reccomend that there should be an item that can create a field that puts the ghosts to peace when a unit gets kill. Or maybe a ghost will only spawn if a corpse is left unattended for a long time. To prevent that, maybe one could bury the corpse or pray. Then the ghost would not spawn.

That must have been alot so I guess I'll stop first :D

Level 31
To Zack1996 : UFO are known as unidentified flying object, so it could be anything and not just focus to alien.

And I already mention that killing a "Killing the allies would resulted into the spawn of zombie from their dead body and ghost from their soul; having a holy book would be handy or else you would face the wraith of the ghost."; so non-zombie unit would spawn a zombie and ghost the moment you kill it.

The gas have spread through the entire city and have strong reaction, rendering the body to turn into undead and ghost form right away; given the user no time to react at all.

Sounds quite promising but add more enemies since all you have is a zombie, a ghost and a plant :| Make like a pack of wild animal monster things that run around the entire map. They'll only attack you when they see you so you're going to have to hide to escape them. Because of their large number, it is impossible to fight them and live (you may kill a few but that's all you'll kill) :D

To bestoboy : Yes, if you read the first post properly, you would notice that I mention a mad cow. So, there is definetely a mad wild animal on the loose.

And I already said there are other danger such as random lightning and quicksand.

As for the strategic, the zombie would be able to think like a human. They would ignore the barricade and goes straight to the unit to kill it shall there be any alternate way to reach them.

And they would run if their hp goes low. To make it more interesting, the armor suit could tear apart and user would have to find patch-kit to get their suit repair; else they are going to die.

Level 31
Add mutant sludge monster people, where there was a nuclear power plant, and before you can get close to it you have to wear a containment suit, but any prolonged exposure would = health drain, and if health dropped below 10% or somthing when exposed, the unit would turn into mutant sludge monster.

Lol, they already wear the suit. Did't you read the storyline ?

here's an idea i had .. for a map and you could easily change it for yours...

its a meteor that crashed close to a framer house.. and in that meteor theres a dark warlock ruby that summons creatures (like your map) and each creatures can be betted by an object found in the house.. example..

Vampire = sharp piece of wood, or cross
Werewolf = Silver bullet + hunting gun.
Ghost = Candle
Witch = bukel of water..

it will take you hellofalot of time to make each items.. but it will end up with someting awsome.. :D

Ghosts are killed by candles? I get the witch and the bucket of water (Wizard of Ozz), but a candle? Since when?
I say ghosts killed by ghost trap
ghostbusters-trapL.jpg

Edit: Sorry, I didn't spend enought time typing my idea first. I was thinking that since the gass suit would be more like gass mask w/oxegen, and if you ran out of oxigen you would die and then turn into zombie, kinda like island troll tribes heat. Then I thought that some areas would be hazerdous and have nuclear fallout stuff thingys that would drain your health and turn you into mutant sludge monster if your health dropped to low. The only way to prevent health drain would be to have a intact hazard suit.

Level 8
Please make this, The story is brill, I would definatly play it.

I have an idea. There should an item called the mutantifier that mutates you to look like a zombie - but you cannot use weapons, attack or move anything above average speed. Zombies wont attack you while you have the mutantifier.

Level 21
Sounds promising.
Story is good and you shouldn't change it.
So what are you thinking for hero classes?
-Assault, Heavy support, Sniper, Medic, Engineer.
-You should make mutant plants to be able to be killed by ordinary weapon but not to be very effective (like doing 1/4 of the damage).
-Will there be anyone to rescue?
-Will there be vehicles.
I will try to think some other ideas latter.

Level 2
huh,your story is very nice but it could get pretty boring after a while...try making it a campaign,AI can be easily implement to go around and help you...why end it after destroying the object? don't you wanna know what the object was? some "alien" creatures can come to take it back or something like that, but the point is that you end up on another planet and continue your story so that your hero needs to come back home (duuuuuuh xD)...
Respect xD

Status
Not open for further replies.