• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paragons of Their Kind: The Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Every race has their paragons, heroes who represent the their people and I want to know who would you brand paragons of the Alliance?

Since there really didn't seem to be that many opinions regarding the orcs, it might help if we pick a bigger crowd. This topic could cover any of the Alliance races. Both playable races like humans or dwarves or unplayable ones like furbolgs and high elves are allowed.

Though this is a little harder for me to decide since we have such a larger variety of characters I think I'll have to go with Magna Aegwynn. I choose Aegwynn since she is a remarkable individual who broke the guardians out of a vision cycle of manipulation to become one of the most powerful individuals on Azeroth with a power that could probably only be rivaled by the Aspects, the Old Gods and Azshara. As an half-elf half-human she lived for several centuries and served as guardian for almost 500 of those years. Yet she is the only one known to us that has ever battled and defeated Sargeras, even though it was only his avatar it is no small accomplishment and she is an entity worth recognition. For all these reasons I name Aegwynn my paragon.

TCG_Aegwynn.jpg

Lothar, definitely the coolest ever soldier and patriot for the alliance. According to a few sources it took an entire Horde army to ambush him to finally kill him in the Blackrock Mountains, I know there are several versions but this one's definitely the best one.

And a few pictures for reference:
wall1-1280x1024.jpg
AnduinLotharTCG.jpg
05.png

Level 24
Lothar, definitely the coolest ever soldier and patriot for the alliance. According to a few sources it took an entire Horde army to ambush him to finally kill him in the Blackrock Mountains, I know there are several versions but this one's definitely the best one.

And a few pictures for reference:
wall1-1280x1024.jpg
AnduinLotharTCG.jpg
05.png

It's definitely a good version and I do not by any means say that Lothar is not a skilled tactician and soldier (he was probably the best at that time even better than any of the orcs) but I wouldn't believe that's 100% accurate. If I believed everything I heard I would believe that Sargeras is more powerful than an Old God that is not weakened. And since it took an entire army of pantheons including Sargeras to defeat the Old Gods we know that's not true.

It's definitely a good version and I do not by any means say that Lothar is not a skilled tactician and soldier (he was probably the best at that time even better than any of the orcs) but I wouldn't believe that's 100% accurate. If I believed everything I heard I would believe that Sargeras is more powerful than an Old God that is not weakened. And since it took an entire army of pantheons including Sargeras to defeat the Old Gods we know that's not true.

Well it depends, I suppose, maybe Sargeras in his current form is that powerful but since there is a lack of information and canonicity on both accounts of Lothar's demise and Sargeras' power we can never say for certain. In my opinion the Old God's seem very overrated, they had control over all of Azeroth yet could not take their power to other worlds. They could create entire elements and their planes yet were defeated by an army of clearly fallible beings.

On topic a bit more though other than Lothar I would say Terenas is another paragon.

Level 24
I think I would suggest Uther rather than Terenas Menethil but it's not a bad choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.