1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Parachute

Submitted by Fingolfin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The parachute model from World in Flames. Comes with teamcolor. Just attach it to the chest bone of any unit.

To make a unit fall from the sky, just add and remove "storm crow" ability from it (enables you to change fly height on ground units) and then set set the fly height to, say, 270 with a rate of 0, and immediately after, set it to 0 with a rate of.. whatever you like. The rate is given by [distance/time]. You can also add a timer which removes the parachute ability after [distance/fall rate] seconds. Happy parachuting.

Keywords:
paratrooper, normandy, ww2, sky
Contents

Parachute (Model)

Reviews
16:55, 16th Dec 2014 MiniMage: You're fucking awesome. Useful as shit. Upped ranking simply because of the extreme usefulness. It's so useful that it is beyond being simply set to "useful".
  1. 16:55, 16th Dec 2014
    MiniMage: You're fucking awesome. Useful as shit. Upped ranking simply because of the extreme usefulness. It's so useful that it is beyond being simply set to "useful".

2. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    A must have.

3. Maximum_Evil

Maximum_Evil

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    can really be cool for a world war map kinda stuff !

4. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I'm probably going to use this for my map. ;D

Heroes are chosen in the beginning and then they land on their randomized spot by parachute, instead of being teleported. ;D

5. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That sounds really cool!! I was also imagining it could be used to drop supply crates, kinda like in Worms. :)

6. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Well, I'm using Deolrins crate model for everything, more or less. (Might make my own crate at some point to allow more customization)

My building system relies on crates. So I'll probably have supply drops too. ;D
    Might use the parachute model for summons and stuff too. ;D

Like my turrets, for example.

7. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Id like to see this in action can someone make a gif or a video of it and upload it?
    btw I love this attachment 5/5

8. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can just try out the paratroopers in World in Flames - 100% epic seing a whole squad deploy their chutes in sequence while jumping out of a plane.

9. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Drool inducing.

10. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is only the second parachute model I've ever seen around here. The first one was made by bisnar13, if I remember right, years ago when he first started. It was useful and filled a much-needed attachment void, but this one looks a lot better and even has some nice animations to go along with it. Great job.

5/5.

11. darwin

darwin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Excellent, adding it to my star wars map with the new Eject button.

Is there a way to make a special effect use team color? I've attached it just fine, but it always looks red.

5/5 and more + rep

12. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, just use an ability based on "sphere" (ctrl+F in the ability editor to find it), remove all the unnecessary stuff and add this model as effect. Also remove cooldown etc.

One of the cons of using this ability is that the effect will play its death animation whenever the unit attacks or dies. If you don't want this, you can instead base it of Spiked Carpace (i think this works with teamcolor), or base it off brilliance aura, and put the ability inside a disabled spellbook to hide the icon. The unit will still get a buff icon, though. In any case, most abilities that support attachments also support teamcolor.

13. Hazop

Hazop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Does this need triggers to work? Also your "World In Flames" banner thing is broken, when I clicked on it, it brought me to a women's clothes thing.

14. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    LOLOLOL, that's hilarious... at first i thought you meant it was some placeholder site with ads, but it seems to be legit. I wonder how long they have been waiting for the domain to become free.

Anyhow, obviously you'll need triggers if you want the unit to actually fall from the sky, the solution above only adds the parachute model to the unit. I'd recomment setting the height to 270 and pause the unit, then setting it to 0 over 10 seconds, wait 10 seconds, and then remove the ability / unpausse the unit. Removing the ability causes it to automatically play its death animation (and it automatically unfolds when the ability is added).

15. Hazop

Hazop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What do you exactly mean by ", then setting it to 0 over 10 seconds, wait 10 seconds, and then remove the ability / unpausse the unit. Removing the ability causes it to automatically play its death animation (and it automatically unfolds when the ability is added)." Could you clarify how to do this? Because I don't know what you mean by "Setting height to _ and Pausing unit...