• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Pandemic Poll [SC2 Infection Map]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Aight guys, heres the deal.
I've got a huge post in the works (will be posted in map development within the next week and i've been working on it for a few weeks). And i decided to ask the community for some input before posting it. Pandemic is a 4v4 Zombie vs. Human objective map for Starcraft 2. (alot more info will be available in my thread when it's posted.) The editor has shown capabilities for 1st person gameplay (instant key readings aswell as mouselook capabilities). Now, the question is what would you prefer? Would you like to play a 4v4 survival/objective map from the top down (default SC2/WC3) style or play inside of your character (1st person). What do you think would make the game better / more fun / more unique. Please share your opinions, help me and ill help you guys out; if you post a useful point that helps me improve the concept ill have no problem dishing out some rep.

So please answer the following question in your post:

• Above unit camera (WC3 style) OR 1st person shooter (CoD/L4D style)

Thank you so much in advanced,
-Bane

The thread is not in poll form as im tired of people voting and not voicing their opinions, please post in the thread with your opinion and some ideas, +rep to people that put time into their responses.

Level 9
well we cant really decide now bc sc2 isnt out yet and we dont know what does the galaxy editor looks like. we dont know it is in gui, jass or any script codes. the better the script code, the more we expect better kinds of map. as it is said in the map editor we might/might not have many kinds of cam movement. until sc2 is out then we can really comment.

Level 9
If you read my post you wouldn't have said half of those things. The Galaxy editor is both gui and script base, with immense power just in the data editor. First person is possible, aswell as follow cams, and over the head cams. The galaxy editor proves anything is possible, there have been videos that show custom games made in SC2 by blizzard. So yes, thats why i made this thread, i've done my homework, i know what im talking about.

Cheers,
-Bane

Level 9
until i see the galaxy editor then i would be able to determine wad type u need. if everything is possible then i guess there muz be quite a few types of cam other than these normal ones. therefore i suggest u put this project of urs on hold as everything will change.

Level 9
until i see the galaxy editor then i would be able to determine wad type u need. if everything is possible then i guess there muz be quite a few types of cam other than these normal ones. therefore i suggest u put this project of urs on hold as everything will change.

You honestly have no idea what you're talking about. First, please use a spell checker i cant really understand you. Also, the camera is 100% configurable, exactly like warcraft3, except better. So please leave my thread now as you obviously don't really know what you're talking about. It's called modding for a reason, the game isn't going to be "oh here you go ACdestinydream, you want to make an FPS, heres one for you". No, its called modding because we mod the game, so please don't post any more.

Sorry for the crude response but it was very necessary,
If a mod could please clean the thread up i would appriciate it very much, im very tired of seeing ignorant posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.