• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Pandaren RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
And people, please, stop talking about the terrain, I know it's crappy but I am going to change it and make it look better, don't worry! It's not like it's the most important thing about a map, would you rather play some map with awesome gameplay but bad terrain, or bad gameplay with awesome terrain? (but I'll try to make both gameplay and terrain awesome.)

Current progress: still working on hero abilities.

Well when i go to the battle net and start playing an rpg online. First thing i do is look at the terrain, if it sucks i leave. Simple as that.

But looking at your terrain it's ok for playing. Some parts are done good if you ask me!

Level 11
Well when i go to the battle net and start playing an rpg online. First thing i do is look at the terrain, if it sucks i leave. Simple as that.

But looking at your terrain it's ok for playing. Some parts are done good if you ask me!

I do the same :p BUT, if its like UBER Spell Triggerd or Epic Units and so, But When we got pandas as heros its more epic and I think this Terrain is good, but it can get better :D

Last edited:
Level 34
Those terrain pics look pretty good. Will there be any snow-place, tropics or something?
I don't know... maybe I'll ad some snow at the top of the mountain, but I don't know about tropic. The whole terrain should look more "Asian-like".

I think that your way of judging isn't very good, oh well... :/
If you can combine good and fitting terrain, good story, nice heroes, abilities and some sort of "salt", then your map is awesome! You know the thing that makes the map differ from others.
I'll do my best to give you the best! ^^

Update!
- Shadowmancer's abilities added
- "Things to be done" list changed a bit

Druid is next! ^^

Level 22
Seems that you start working on the abilities as I saw Dansadisco reaching out a hand same should I so all spells within the GUI cap or trigger problems, give me a call and I will see what I can do :)

and btw
it looks even better then before and yeah I agree, whats the matter about the blizzard cliffs ?

Level 34
Seems that you start working on the abilities as I saw Dansadisco reaching out a hand same should I so all spells within the GUI cap or trigger problems, give me a call and I will see what I can do :)

and btw
it looks even better then before and yeah I agree, whats the matter about the blizzard cliffs ?
Thanks, I'll give you a call, too! ^^
Hehe, For druid mabye the ulti can be a book whit 3 diffrent forms like bear, Cat etc
As the ulti, I was thinking about Panda form (not Pandaren, Panda), so... and if I put bear, cat, moonkin and other forms, that would be too much like WoW. :/
There is snow (Tibet,Nepal...) and tropic (Thailand,Laos...) in Asia.
What do you mean by asian like?
I know there's snow and tropic areas in Asia, but... I just didn't planned it that way. Actually, I'm not 100% sure how is "Asian-like" supossed to look like, :p I only know that some people here suggested it, or some person. Aaaaaaaa! No more terrain disscusion, please! D: I promise I'll fix the terrain!

Update!
- Druid's abilities added

Yes, that's right, Druid's "Bear Form" transforms him into a bear with Panda skin! :D Next is... I'll just surprise you, but tomorrow. ^^

Level 7
I guess you can kill pandas in this.

Hurray, no more chinese gold farmers.

Oh also for druid forms, use different bear types, such as brown bear for bear form, black bear for cat form, some kind of water loving bear for water form, polar bear for cat + water form, aaaaaand last but not the least silverback bear for travel form (just made that up). You can use Panda for moonkin form, that would make most sense

Level 34
I guess you can kill pandas in this.

Hurray, no more chinese gold farmers.

Oh also for druid forms, use different bear types, such as brown bear for bear form, black bear for cat form, some kind of water loving bear for water form, polar bear for cat + water form, aaaaaand last but not the least silverback bear for travel form (just made that up). You can use Panda for moonkin form, that would make most sense
No, there's gonna be only one bear form, sorry.
FrIkY are you going to use your unapproved pandaren druid model?
What do yo mean, you mean Druid of the Panda model? Well, that's already in use, Forest Guardian is using that model.
lol. china will Not like this game.
lol, I don't care what China thinks, they can kiss my *ss. It's not like they're gonna locate my house and kill me... right? :S

Btw, this is Baru:
baru.png

And this is druid's bear form:
panda.png

(I know, his claws are huge, will fix that later)

Level 22
I don't care what China thinks, they can kiss my *ss. It's not like they're gonna locate my house and kill me... right? :S

you never know with china :/ ;)

about the bearform stuff you had as ultimate I was thinking, does the beerform do like the bearform in normal melee games so it can have other abilities or is it like metamorphis (I would like to know cause I'm a spellmaker, addicted of spells ;) )?

edit:

missspelled

but it also lovers should be w ;) just helping you out so no offense :)

Level 34
you never know with china :/ ;)

about the bearform stuff you had as ultimate I was thinking, does the beerform do like the bearform in normal melee games so it can have other abilities or is it like metamorphis (I would like to know cause I'm a spellmaker, addicted of spells ;) )?

edit:

missspelled

but it also lovers should be w ;) just helping you out so no offense :)
The spell is based on DotC's Bear Form, not Metamorphosis. But I kinda have a little tiny problem with the spell... I want the casting time to be 1.5 second, but if I put casting time to be 1.5 second, that's also gonna be spell's duration, so you can be bear for 1.5 second which is stupid. So I had to remove that and put 0, so you can be bear as long as you want (that's what I wanted) but now casting time is instant (that's not what I wanted D:). So I can't fix it unless I do something with triggers, which I don't know how to fix, can anyone else help me?

Btw, thanks for noticing the mistake! +rep
hehe, lover and lower, not the same thing! xD

Level 22
oh I get your problem!

Yes possible with triggers but I will do like this if you agree. When starts casting a dummy spell (channel) with 1.5 seconds casting time (channeling). After that I use the event finished casting spell bla. condition is ability being cast ofc. But here's the question for your approval.

I guess the bear should have items as in the normal form right? My idea was that I hide the real hero and creates another unit which is the bear. Create items for it when created (you wont even notice cause it goes so fast ;) ). And having the abilities you want and the "transform back ability"

So when casting the transform back ability, same thing but now I hide the bear or remove it your choice and moves the real hero to the spot and unhides it. Voila! :)

HAHA lover is way different then lower ;)

Level 34
oh I get your problem!

Yes possible with triggers but I will do like this if you agree. When starts casting a dummy spell (channel) with 1.5 seconds casting time (channeling). After that I use the event finished casting spell bla. condition is ability being cast ofc.
hey, would you be so kind and show me how to do that by using [TRIGGER][/TRIGGER] tags? :)
I guess the bear should have items as in the normal form right? My idea was that I hide the real hero and creates another unit which is the bear. Create items for it when created (you wont even notice cause it goes so fast ;) ). And having the abilities you want and the "transform back ability"

So when casting the transform back ability, same thing but now I hide the bear or remove it your choice and moves the real hero to the spot and unhides it. Voila! :)
I don't know, I think I'll stick with the current Bear Form ability. :/

Update!
- Groundshaker's abilities added!

Next one is also going to be a surprise! ^^

Level 22
hey, would you be so kind and show me how to do that by using [TRIGGER][/TRIGGER] tags? :)

tomorrow I will do it ;)

edit: checked manaseeker, looks good but found small misstakes ya know :)

|nIf Hale is wearing Mana Barier, he will recieve total protection from attacks and negative spells.

the first one is just a copy misstake from object editor :) the second is that barrier is spelled barrier, one more r in the spell name too :)

waiting for next spells so I can check :p

Level 22
  • Friky Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Bear Form
    • Actions
      • Unit - Hide (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
      • Set Unit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • BearCreatedBooleanCreated Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Set BearCreatedBooleanCreated = True
          • Unit - Create 1 Bear for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
        • Else - Actions
The triggers should be basiclly look a bit like this (but this is not MUI so bad but I did it fast) So, yes I used facing, very bad to use but simpliest way in GUI. Also you have to add abit more code but just a start so you get my point with what I mean :)

Level 34
Go to ability editor, search for the spell named Channel ;)
Dude... D: I am noob with triggers, you have to show me that with [TRIGGER][/TRIGGER] tags, or else I don't know how to make it... and how is that Channel ability gonna help me?
pandasad.png

Info about progress:
No heroes for today... I was making Geomancer's abilities, but then I just kept failing and got frustrated, so I delayed it for tomorrow.

Level 22
The channel ability I'm talking about is an ability inside the object editor :)

This ability is usally used as dummy abilities and can be used for example channeling as it's used for in melee games. But this time you set the channel time to 1.5 sec and uses the triggers I said before. So when he finishes this "dummy" channeling, the trigger will trigger and current actions will occour.

Hope you get it now :)

Level 4
From what I read from this page, are you wanting him to turn into a bear? If so, edit the chaos ability, and switch the target unit into your bear hero. It keeps the proper name and everything. Then, using triggers, if he uses (your ability), give him the edited chaos ability. wait (your time), then remove the chaos ability you gave him, and give him a NEW chaos ablity that switches him back.
Its complicated, but if it helps you:
Blizzard used the chaos ability to switch all the orcs to chaos orcs in the wc3 campaign, because they were lazy and didn't want to create a new AI for the chaos orcs.
Its pretty much the same unit, just with different model and stats, if that even makes sense.
Or im just an idiot and its not what you were asking for.
BTW:
your campaign:I wanna play. Now. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.