• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'd like to know your opinions on the Pally.

IMHO, right now with the current skills, Pally is the main healer.

His heal is instant, and is quite strong since the 2.10 release. lvl 30 and i get a 650ish heal for 15 mana with a very small cool down. This completely owns the Healers heal imo. increase the mana cost? or decrease the heal amount? i liked the damage increase to enemies tho.

the pally's 6th skill cost 10 mana, with an additional 1 or 2 mana a sec (depending on your mana regen), and at lvl 30 heals 300 hp every 3 sec in an AoE. OP? compared to the Healers AoE heal, which requires channeling, pally wins? this skill pretty much made heroic and down EZmode. it saved my ass in legendary, but still made it much much easier. decrease the heal amount? or increase mana cost so i cant have it on for 5 min? make it a timed skill instead of toggel so i have to chose the right time to use it?

with the 6th skill, the blessing of lights judgment is kid of, idk, obsolete. i wouldnt want to spend 25 mana to judge a blessing that is being used to heal melee when i can use the 10 mana toggle aoe heal, wait 3 sec, and everyone is healed. make it so when judged, the judged mob will take increased damage (lets say half the healing amount of the blessing, so at lvl 30 it heals for 45-47 ish, so damage would be increased by 23 ish) for 30 sec ish?

for the blessing of wisdom, i can honestly say ive used it maybe once or twice. and only to instantly judge to give others mana. and since i got the 6th skill and got higher lvl, i just buy mana pots so i have mana to heal. same with everyone else. idk what you would change this too tho. maybe have it eat the enemies energy once every 3 or 5 sec for the duration? and when judged, eats a % of total mana and damages the enemy?

the blessing of protection is very balance imo. good duration and cool down. good judgment and not over powered.

same with the judgment skill. the cool down and mana cost are balanced.

these skills balance out when playing in legendary, but still, imo, it makes the healer of the game the backup healer. idk if you need to change the pally's skill or the healers. maybe have the healers heal also do a small aoe heal around the target friendly, and small aoe damage around target enemy (half the main targets heal or damage amount, or maybe a little less)? this tread is about pally's skill tho.

this is my opinion and i would like yours please.

Last edited:
Level 3
I wont be saying that pallys skills are overpowerd coes I'm a pally and I dont want to get nerfed ^_^ But ur wrond about blessing of wisdom. I persenally never use Blessing of light, coes id rather use direct heal than this... But I need something to be active when blessing of prot is cooling, so I always have wisdom up in this time.. And wisdom is a "Christmas came early" 4 rouges and archers (also 4 warriors and barbarians, but less). Coes this 2 clases dont put points into intelect and have high attack rate, so having 5% of mana restored every hit with very fast attack speed is really good. But if ur soloing blessing of wisdom is worthless.

Level 4
Paladin is not imbalanced,hes is a must for a group,but he is not imbalanced.His heal is mehish,heal from cleric/druid is better,since they re int based and they will be spending their points into int,paladin,however,needs to spend STr since hes main tank of the group(or secondary if theres no warrior). his heal is supposed to help low hp heroes,while clerics/druids take care of tanks. His ultimate is mehish,again since it works only tick per 3 seconds,you could be using that mana for something else. One of his most usefull spells is that blessing which allows people to get mana back,its crucial for berserkers and rogues,since they attack fast and they got small mana pool and less mana intensive spells. overall paladin is a great hero,but not exactly ' OMG we got pally in group, no need for clerics!'

Level 2
pally's skills are all based off energy. i put 0 points into str or con.

i see what your saying about giving mana to the melee, and since i have the 6th skill the blessing of light can be traded out for blessing of wisdom. but i mostly used blessing of light over wisdom so i didnt have to use my mana to heal unless it was necessary, leaving me with more mana to heal the main tank, or not have to use the 6th skill so i would have mana regen.

idk if you have ever played pally, but a lvl 30 berserker i was with had 1k hp. a 650 instant heal is pretty much a full heal. the only class that should out hp a zerker is the tank. and maybe thats where the healers heal was aimed at, idk.

Level 3
Well, we did final boss (dont know his name, that undead dude inside mine) w/o moving away from his aoe fire spell. We just got dmg'ed and then heald by my 6th spell. Also with this skill we did twins w/o using my instant heal (only used it 4 dmg). I was the only healer. But I am healing based pally, I have almost all points int.

Level 3
Also about pally: I really think that blessings should be renamed to seals... Ya, ya it will look like wow rip off, but whole blessing / Judgment thing is taken from there, so who cares. But having a blessing, that reduses enemy dmg or attack speed... this sounds more like a curse... Dunno if u like it, but this was bugging me 4 a long time...

Level 4
pally's skills are all based off energy. i put 0 points into str or con.

Thats really sad,allthough his spells rely on mana,you should be spending some points into str,because paladins are very excellent tanks,3 in const and 2 in energy is ok,or 3 in energy and 2 in const,in my group,paladin makes an excellent tank.

Level 3
Well... Now u have it.. With latest patch also blessing of wisdom is made usless, so now pally got 2.6 of his skills usless... Really sad, coes it was my first class in TKoK.. But now im sure that I wont play him anymore... Jealous priests >_<

Last edited:
Level 11
I fail to see how its useless, a lvl 30 pally with 2pc returns 11 mana a hit every 3s. That's still pretty damn good. Blessing of light still heals every hit and returns a good amount of HP per hit

both judgement values were buffed a lot in that patch, especially the AoE heal

Level 3
It's only goes off every 3s 4 rouges and barberians, coes they attack fast. For other clases that dont have fast attack it will go usually every 3d hit and overall delay will be 4-5 sec. Also 11 mana aint much 4 most classes and will help only mele dps, while mages dont have much time to use auto attack (coes most of time they cast spells) and when they do attack mob, only few of their hits will generate mana. Also on lvl 30 at full int pally it might be of use, but on lower lvls u actually spend more mana on using this spell, than u get in return. And also if it will be a subtank pally (with some points to inc HP) mana bonus will drop dramaticly.. How about adding formula 4 delay of spell, something like t=(lvl*0.05)+1.5 and seting a max value of t if u dont want it to go more than 3s. This will help on lower lvls while keeping balance on higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.