• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PacMan

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.

By: Legal_Ease & Icemanbo

Cover

Video

Description

Screenshot

pacmanog2.png

WarCraft Pac-Man is based on the original classic arcade game.
Level One attempts to recreate the arcade game exactly, but as the
levels increase your Pac-man Hero will gain experience as he picks up
points by collecting dots, items and killing ghosts. Now, Pac-Man will
level up and be able to use special skills and items. The Arrow key
Movement System and Alpha Tiles give WarCraft Pac-Man a totally
new User Interface and game-play experience.

Choose from four Pac-Man heroes:

Pac-Master Pac-Hunter Pac-King Pac-Lord

PurgeandFire - MoveSpeedX for GUI v1.1.0.0
Callahan - Icecream Cone
D.O.G. - Banana Item & Acorn Item
Alpha Titles and UI - Legal_Ease
Key Movement - Icemanbo

1. Turning of "show all health bars" greatly reduces lag.
2. Power Pellets wear off as the clock runs out of daylight.
3. Spells last 8 seconds so you can start to be able to time it,
buffs also blink to warn you it is about to go, just like wc3.
4. Try to clear a quarter of the map at a time so you don't need
to go back to that section.

Keywords:
PacMan, Pac-Man, arcade, key, movement, arrows, hero selection,
Contents

PacMan (Map)

Reviews
17:20, 21st Mar 2014 Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 4/5. See moderator's review regarding the map:

M

17:20, 21st Mar 2014
Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 4/5. See moderator's review regarding the map:

Hell_Master;2502254 said:
Review emerges!

Played your map and I must say this is a great remake for the originl and classic game Pacman to the Warcraft 3. Everything looks good and various characters to choose from. The game works like the Pacman except for much more power ups and the original power up that lets you kill any ghost that you are to touch in some matter of seconds. But it would be best giving the player a warning like the icon for this ability flashing when it will almost disappear because as what Mech_Warrior stated on his number 4. I was not aware that it will run out already so I kept on going near the ghost then suddenly and because of the unlucky turn of events, my killing powerup disappeared then I died. The different kinds of maze layout with the help of tilesets are really good and appealing as well to be honest, points for that. The soundtracks used were also good and pretty much fitting on the game.

To sum it up, I would like to keep this short and simple. This is indeed a great map. Just needs some fixes on some things most likely, Mech's number 4 statement. Rated 4/5 and Approved.

Have a good day and happy mapmaking. My high score by the way is 17014 (shoot, that was quite near on beating Mech's score, lol.). TGA format screenshot below.

Level 5
Looks good. The gameplay was pretty well made, similar to the original.
But I encounter some flip table moments while playing the game.
The unit tend to stuck at the wall when moving too close to the wall.
Also, sometimes, because the aisle space is pretty large, I kinda missed some dots although I passed it. Maybe try to increase the detection of collision?

Haven't finished level 1 due to the problems mentioned above. 3 dots left!!! Damn it.
Will try out more and see how it goes.

Level 6
Hey guys,

Great map overall! It is a very interesting interpretation of Pac-Man that stays true to the original while giving a wc3 flavor.

My main complains are these:

1) The fact that it allows only single player means that you can only play it on single player offline or with a bot. And the problem with playing it on a bot is that bots are almost always programmed to end the game when only 1 player is remaining. This means that right after the game starts, it kicks me onto wc3 default hosting with its 250 latency, and then your Arrow Key movement system completely falls apart because of the delay/lag. I managed to work around this by creating a map config and putting Referees on, and having my friend join the game to watch, but it's a pain. You could fairly easily change it to 4 players or so, and put modes on for player turns.

(For instance, just off the top of my head, you could allow it to alternate lives between available playing players, or you could have one player play until he beats a level, then switch to the next, or you could have a system where the playing player can give ownership to an observer.)

2) I wasn't completely clear on what the abilities that my hero learned did. This is because I didn't have time to properly read the tooltips, and I didn't even realize I had the speed potion items until I was on my last life. It would be far more fun if you explained these features properly.

3) I'm always wary of arrow key movement systems on wc3 because of the lag factor. However, I was able to effectively get around this by using my bot and having latency at 30, and it was pretty playable.

4) You need to give some sort of visual display warning for when your powerups are about to run out. I died so many times to this because there was no way of knowing except mentally counting down.

Overall, great work! For now I'm voting 4/5 primarily because of the first issue I raised.

-Mech

Edit: Upon more playing, I realized that sometimes random ghosts don't get scared when you eat the powerup. I will continue to try to replicate this bug. Also my high score is 19062, I am curious if anyone can beat it.

Last edited:
Level 30
Review emerges!

Played your map and I must say this is a great remake for the originl and classic game Pacman to the Warcraft 3. Everything looks good and various characters to choose from. The game works like the Pacman except for much more power ups and the original power up that lets you kill any ghost that you are to touch in some matter of seconds. But it would be best giving the player a warning like the icon for this ability flashing when it will almost disappear because as what Mech_Warrior stated on his number 4. I was not aware that it will run out already so I kept on going near the ghost then suddenly and because of the unlucky turn of events, my killing powerup disappeared then I died. The different kinds of maze layout with the help of tilesets are really good and appealing as well to be honest, points for that. The soundtracks used were also good and pretty much fitting on the game.

To sum it up, I would like to keep this short and simple. This is indeed a great map. Just needs some fixes on some things most likely, Mech's number 4 statement. Rated 4/5 and Approved.

Have a good day and happy mapmaking. My high score by the way is 17014 (shoot, that was quite near on beating Mech's score, lol.). TGA format screenshot below.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_032114_170824_01.tga
    3 MB · Views: 210
edit.gif
- Added tips to description.

I'm so excited to see a high score competition here. Congrats to Mech for having the high score so far. People should feel free to posts screenies of high scores. I wanted to give a price to someone with the highest but I'm not sure how to do that because it's open source.

Hellmaster - your screenshot shows that you did not learn your skills. You did realize that the hero gains experience starting in level 2 and can learn spells, right? I tried to keep the spells true to the Pac-Man's race, so for example Pac-Hunter (demon hunter) has mana burn, cyclone, and blink. Your screenshot also shows the time-indicator-cover tile which is weird because it should be transparent.

Mech - Where should I add the explanation about items and spells? I have a quest menu, where else? Maybe here? Also, #4, I really wanted to add a custom cooldown bar, but it was a bit over my head as far as the GUI. Maybe, I can talk Icemanbo into doing it. I also want to make a 4 player version where the pac-man characters play competitively. In level 1 they could just block but for level 2 and up, they could cast spells at each other to make it harder. The Pac-Man to get the last dot would get bonus points or something.

What the fuck is going on here? I'm off for maybe 12 hours and suddenly I see map is uploaded and it's even already approved. :eekani:

Some good points were mentioned by your reviews. Thanks :)

Quick statement @Mech:

- I think Lega_Ease wanted to upload this version for single player on purpose. Just to hold it simple at first. But he might answer you for this later on his own.
- Playing alone on bot is possible. You can use the "!fakeplayer" command. It will prevent bot from ending the game, even you play alone.

Ahhh nostalgia...Great remake here, but there are some bugs.

Firstly, sometimes if you hug a wall you can walk past a dot without picking it up. This can lead to some annoying situations.

Secondly, the ghost AI sometimes does not stop running after the Powerup wears off.

There is a tooltip error with Pac-King's slow—the 2nd and 3rd levels say 0% slow amount and 0 duration.

For now this gets a 4/5 from me.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I'm not a fan of pac man but heck, making this in wc3 must have been fun for you.

Great concept, to completely rip-off from another dev. Nah j/k its good.

5/5 for the simplicity, efficiency and the presentation.