• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Oziris Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oziris Terrain more pictures!

Thise pictures are much bether in WE hear i made 3 of them i hope u like them! I edited hear are more pictures!Hear are even more pictures !

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 351
  • untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 338
  • untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 339
  • untitled3.jpg
    untitled3.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 312
  • untitled4.jpg
    untitled4.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 288
  • untitled5.jpg
    untitled5.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 238
  • Ice.jpg
    Ice.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 240
  • ice2.jpg
    ice2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 228
  • Heven.jpg
    Heven.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 145
  • Heven1.jpg
    Heven1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 150
  • Heven2.jpg
    Heven2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Haven3.jpg
    Haven3.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Haven4.jpg
    Haven4.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Heven5.jpg
    Heven5.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Heaven destroyed.jpg
    Heaven destroyed.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Heaven.jpg
    Heaven.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Heaven Destroyed 1.jpg
    Heaven Destroyed 1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 113
  • Heaven Destroyed 2.jpg
    Heaven Destroyed 2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Heaven Destroyed 3.jpg
    Heaven Destroyed 3.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Heaven Destroyed 4.jpg
    Heaven Destroyed 4.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Level 34
You need to add a fog. The third one looks alright, but the others need work.

Never take screens near the edge of the map if you can help it. The third one is OK if it's playable.

If u see,then u will see a fog i puted fog in every picture of cours i dident put the fog on the beach it wolud be stupid.One thing more i think that thoes trees fit becous that is the beach of a Dark Forest u dont see normal trees in dark forest!And i tryed to not capture the edge but the map is small just try to think that it is not the edge

Level 8
Okay, seriously dude. You need either replace or remove that standard black fog because it looks like shit and ruins the atmosphere. If that's the best you can do with custom models you should start terraining with standard wc3 ones, and when you've learned how to terrain good with them THEN you should move onto custom.

Level 34
Okay, seriously dude. You need either replace or remove that standard black fog because it looks like shit and ruins the atmosphere. If that's the best you can do with custom models you should start terraining with standard wc3 ones, and when you've learned how to terrain good with them THEN you should move onto custom.

It's not a privilege to use custom models, he can use them if he wants. It's not a bad terrain at all, your just missing some things, a better fog, you need to crop the ugly Editor stuff, you need a better sky, and you need to either block the end of the world, or take your shots so they don't show it.

Level 8
It's not a privilege to use custom models, he can use them if he wants. It's not a bad terrain at all, your just missing some things, a better fog, you need to crop the ugly Editor stuff, you need a better sky, and you need to either block the end of the world, or take your shots so they don't show it.
I'm just saying, if he can't make stuff look good with custom models he shouldn't use them. The whole point with terraining is making it look good, and imo that terrain does not look good. Not at all.

Level 34
I'm just saying, if he can't make stuff look good with custom models he shouldn't use them. The whole point with terraining is making it look good, and imo that terrain does not look good. Not at all.

I still don't understand why he can't use custom models if he can't make good terrain (which is opinion, because I like them). In fact it would just look worse with non-imports.

Level 8
As everyone else has noted the "end of the world" is gonna kill you.

My first question would be "how big is the map?"

If it is a small map then enlarge it a bit extending your ocean part further away.

Adding atmospheric fog to where the end of the world is covered by that will allow your island scene to work.

Also you can run overlapping regions along the edges of the world, give on something along the lines of heavy fog (white) and the other outland wind or something along those lines. Mixed together and with a decent atmospheric fog you can cover the end of the world and make the sea look like extends to the horizon.

An affect I have been working on is using water falls Customize their scaling settings, making them "float" then placing them close to the edge of the map and extending them as far beyond the map as possible, then raising or lowering their X and Y scale a tad. Then using Ctrl + page up to raise them up. It works better with about 3 "layers" over lapping. a base of wider, longer water falls close to the water surface with a middle and smaller size on top, "stacking" them upward a little.

The trick is to have them flat enough and running in different directions to look like waves in the distance. a touch of weather (which means raising and flattening the ocean floor near the edge of the map to get a consistent weather affect) along with an atmospheric fog that covers the distance a tad combined give the illusion of boundless ocean to the horizon.

Tinting the water falls a lighter color to the water tint also adds to the affect of distance.

Raising them up extends the horizon. In essence you are building a "hill" of water.

Ok i will try to fix this.

[Edit1]:
I dont realy like the waterfall that i made but i realy love the Heven thing it took me hours to do it i hope u like this ^^

[Edit2]:
So is it bad or what comment plz!

Post Editted by: Craka_J
This post has been merged, due to a triple post. Next time you triple post, you will be given negative reputation points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 34
I like it sorta. But you could make it more heaven like IMO.Try using clouds 1-3 in the cinematic doodads in the UTM.

Level 34
The problem with the hell pictures is the atmosphere. You need to set a good fog and a matching sky. It will greatly improve these. Also re-submit the heaven ones with a sky.

Level 8
Alright, im gonna try and critique all of your current pictures at once Oziris.
Picture one
ProsDecent placing of trees and shrubs. Rocks help to add perspective and fit well with the environment.
ConsNo fog. Very little tile variation. Cattails clash and draw too much attention from the picture. No visible composition of a forest environment. Poor size proportions of trees to shrubs/rocks. Giant stalagmites have no visible purpose and stand out, adding nothign to the picture.

Picture two
ProsVery nice arrangement of rocks and shrubs. Adequate tile variation. Fog opacity works well. Good perspective of the path. Bridge adds more detail and interest to picture. One of your best in this collection.
Cons Fog is overpowering and its black color does not match the green forest scene. The ground sticking up in the bottom right corner is too jagged and in the way. Waterfall looks too defined and unnatural looking. Very short depth of field for no reason (It just cuts off very early).

Picture three/four/five/six
ProsGood choice of sky. Decent tile variation, too unnatural though.
ConsToo many clashing elements. The right side is forest while the left is a beach and there is no smooth transition between the two. No fog whatsoever. Waterfall is not needed and looks very bad. (Avoid side views of waterfalls).Grass and sand are too close to each other and look bad right next to each other. Trees on the beach sand when this would be practically impossible and unnatural.
Picture seven
ProsInteresting use of rocks to make a mountain.
Cons No fog. No tile variation. Unnatural cave, does not blend in with cliff. Ugly waterfall, it is unnatural looking and just sticks out of the mountain and there are many pieces of ice just floating in mid air.

Picture eight
Pros I cant seriously think of any.
Cons Unneeded units used. Very little tile varation. No variation of terrain height. Sky suddenly cuts off the picture and does not blend in with fog. Black fog looks ugly with this picture, try light blue/white. No perpective. Ugly random placement of spider eggs. Very little doodad variation.

Picture nine
ProsNice set up of archs, matches with the pillars.
ConsNo fog. No tile variation (Or practically none). Very little perspective. Trees/gardens clash with stone path. Screenshot just cuts off after some distance. Rays of light are too far away to have much of an impact and seem like a distraction from the background.

Picture ten
ProsRepeating Shapes help to add perspective. Bridge adds some interest to the picture.
ConsNo fog. No Tile variation. Trees/garden clashes with stone path. Screenshot just cuts off after some distance. Rays of light are too far away to have much of an impact and seem like a distraction from the background.

Picture eleven
ProsDecent use of perspective.
ConsAlmost nothign to be seen by this. No sky, no fog. Just seems random.

Picture twelve
ProsDecent tile variation. Rays of light add some interest to the background.
Cons No fog. Terrain is very jagged and unsmooth. Log is unneeded and in the way. The line of pink flowers looks unnatural.

Picture thirteen
Pros Doodads fit well together.
ConsAlmost no tile variation. No height variation. Gardens clash with the stone. The bright light feels in the way. No gradual fog. Terrain cuts off at a certain point. Bridges dont fit with the stone.

Picture fourteen
Pros Good use of foreground and background. THe pictures taken at a nice angle compared to your others. Well placed stag.
ConsVery little tile variation. Very rough terrain heights (Not smooth). Raccoon is out of place and sticks out too much.

Picture fifteen
Pros Very Good use of clouds/white fog. Archway adds some interest to the picture.
Cons No actual sky (just clouds). No terrain fog whatsoever, use white fog for this. Rays of moonlight clash with the sky. Still not an interesting picture overall.

Picture sixteen
Pros Same as 11, but with a sky this time.
Cons Same as 11.

Picture seventeen
Pros Not really anything.
Cons The rays of light dont fit with the hellish environment. Poor use of the cloud globe doodad. You can see the globe and they also dont fit with the hellish terrain. No sky. No fog. Very little terrainvariation. Random demonstorm doodad clashes with the white clouds. Overall, it does contributes nothign to the picture. The dead tree blocks the focal point, which is the pillars. The terrain is not smooth. Unneeded use of units. You can see the flat ground level terrain in the background.

Picture eighteen
Pros Focal point is a bit more interesting.
ConsThe rays of light dont fit with the hellish environment. Poor use of the cloud globe doodad. You can see the globe and they also dont fit with the hellish terrain. No sky. No fog. Very little terrainvariation. Random demonstorm doodad clashes with the white clouds. Overall, it does contributes nothign to the picture. The dead tree limbs block the focal point, which is the pillars. The terrain is not smooth. Unneeded use of units. You can see the flat ground level terrain in the background.

Picture nineteen
Pros The yellow light adds interest, although it does not look good as part of a terrain.
Cons No height variation. Very little tile variation. Unneeded use of units and special effects. White clouds clash with hellish terrain. No actual sky. No fog. Its very hard to find a focal point with all of the special effects, which makes the picture very confusing.

Picture twenty
Pros Easy to locate focal point.
Cons Spam of corpse doodad. Border mergers: VERY BAD. You cut off the model of Kil'jaeden at the waist which ruins the picture from the start. White clouds dont with the red ground. The floating rocks obstruct the pitlord on the right. No height variation.

Overall your biggest problems are:
Lack of tile variation.
Lack of terrain height variation or a smoothness to it.
Too many clashing elements.
Unneeded use of units.
No fog/poor choice of fog.
No sky.
Unnatural environments.

Try looking at real life photography to get a good idea of what techniques to use and how things look in the real world.

Thx for these tips!But the hell sky is done on purpece.I dont know what do u mean by:
Lack of tile variation.
Lack of terrain height variation or a smoothness to it.
Too many clashing elements.
Hear :No fog. Terrain is very jagged and unsmooth. Log is unneeded and in the way. The line of pink flowers looks unnatural.
i dont understand it is heaven it dosent need a fog as far as i know.
The hell thing with the rise of light is a magic the god is doing a spell to dmg the demons u see the feild with the clouds that is a another spell done by god.I like the best with the destroyed bridge it is Picture fifteen.

The first picture is a swamp,the next picture is a roud to a city.The bech is next to the swamp(first picture) if u know what i mean.The narubien is bad i dont like it,it is some kinda gate that leads a roud to the queen of narubians.The ice thing is bad it sucks ass! I dont like the waterfall my self.And now for the Heaven thing, ther are some 3 heros that found a secret path to heaven.The bridge with no sky hmmm, it is dark what can i say it is night.The roud to heaven is all coverd with flowers,grass and some beutifl stuff.The bridge with no sky but with clouds hmmm, it is destroyed that is the beginning of the demons!So this is when the demons take over heaven!The god comes and creates rise of light to damage the demons.The god is making his holy units and sends them to atack!But the sommuners have finished summoning the King of Demons.Everthing is destroyd in range of 500.Only the god has left alone.Find out in the next epizode what will hapen! So i am going to delete the units in the destroyed heaven and take pictures with out the units...

Status
Not open for further replies.