• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

other modding game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Well sicnce it a warcraft modding site. i was think of showing other game to mod than wc3.Give some link to the best modding site in other game.Here an example.

Warcraft 3

Level 36
I have beenh modding games almost as long as I've been playing them. The first game I ever played was Dark Forces II on Windows 98. I modded simple numerical values. Next I modded the sequels Jedi Outcast (I created full on gameplay mods and custom maps) and then Jedi Academy, in which I did much of the same. Next a particular game, spanning across two platforms woul suck away my soul and all of my modding time:

Halo.

I modded Halo for both Xbox and PC and did just about every mod i'd ever seen (and invented a whole lot more). I did some texture packs and a few total conversions, and produced over 15 videos detailing my modding. About half way through (not even, around video 5 or so) I recieved sponsorship from one of the premier Halo Machinima websites, That Weasel, which sadly no longer exists due to the death of its owner. I carried on, and starting modding Half Life. All the while (Sicne around the Jedi Academy days) I had been modding WC3 in my spare time. More recently I have been modding koyor using savegame editors. It's fun stuff.

So, games that I've modded:
- Wc3
- Unreal Tournament 2004 (Just remembered this one)
- Half Life 2/Garry's Mod 9 and 10
- Dark Forces II
- Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- Halo PC/Xbox
- Kotor 1 and 2

Level 8
I made a really nice SC campaign once. Unfortunately that was before I had internet and I don't have that computer anymore.

Games I've modded earlier and what I did with them:

- Excitebike (NES)
Made a few wacky tracks on this old nostalgie game.

- Rally Cross 2 (PS1)
Done some simple various tracks with different themes. I still have them in my Memory Card.

- Quake III Arena (PC/Linux)
Made some skins, custom bots and tweaked the sounds. Skins were horrible and flat, since I hadn't the knowledge of high quality textures yet.

- Icy Tower (PC)
Managed to make my avatar (the old one) playable on this freeware game.

- Liero Xtreme (PC)
Made a few custom characters and some simple arenas. Managed to make my avatar (the old one) playable on this freeware game.

- Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (PC)
Did some simple levels that includes units that were not in the adventure mode (like Hades and Rocket Turtles).

- Dink Smallwood (PC)
Made a very crappy custom Dink game (aka D-mod).

- Bust-A-Move 4 (PS1) (also called Puzzle Bobble 4)
Made some simple custom puzzle games.

- TetriNET (PC)
Have experimenting on changing the visual style.

- MUGEN (PC)
Made a few custom stages with a primitive technique, swapping images from existing ones to my own.

- Worms Armageddon (PC)
Made some custom levels and voices (ripped and originals).

Games I currently mod (or going to start):

- Warcraft III + TFT (PC/Mac)
Well duh?!

- Knytt Stories (PC)
For this cute game, I've made a custom level for school purpose.

- Doom 2 (PC/others)
My next school task to to make a multiplayer deathmatch map for this game.

I've also made standalone games with following stuffs:

- Klik & Play (PC)
- The Games Factory (PC)
Though now I stick with Multimedia Fusion 2.

Last edited:
Level 17
I mod Soldat. Simple, fun, and turns out well. Its surprsingly moddable.

That was a few months ago, i was in a clan that ran a Zombie Mod Server. Made by the clan, i helped a bit with it. But our poor Zombie Mod died out when newer, better and more advanced ones we couldnt compete with came out. The clan and server died out soon after...

I still have that Zombie Mod... fun stuff. Although to be fair the newer one IS better. i saw a few mods, Jump mods (Maps where you have to climb yourself to the end of the level, their actually fun.) I also made a Dodgeball mod (2 sides of a map, only weapon is grenade, fun stuff)

Its nice, and the modding isnt hard to catch on, and since its all 2d, making custom things for it isnt that hard (Its very fun, believe me, best 2d game)

You can google it or w/e i dont feel like searching for a link.

Level 11
Dreamcast brings bad memories *sniff sniff*

wc3 is about the only thing for me, a little on sc but that was basically learned how to do the basic lol.

i wanna get gears of war and work with that, but i'll probly have to wait untill I buy a new computer

Level 36
Dreamcast brings bad memories *sniff sniff*

wc3 is about the only thing for me, a little on sc but that was basically learned how to do the basic lol.

i wanna get gears of war and work with that, but i'll probly have to wait untill I buy a new computer

Bad memories?! It was my console of choice after N64 began to slow down. It owned the Gamecube, PSX and the PS2. Had great games, I loved the controller, and it was incredibly innovative for its time.

Level 11
no bad memories cause they were so good i don't want to remember them, i had 3 of them little shits and they all broke, and I had alot of friend's who had theirs just go on the frits, but the games were fun. nah ps2 is better sry, gamecube is worse but ss. melee was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.