• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm looking to make an orpg, but I am really bad with triggers and jass, I can do all of the terrian, modeling, landscape, and have alot of ideas. The orpg will be new and creative. If you wish to help post in this thread and I can send you what I have so far. If you like it and are willing to help send me a public,or private, message.

- Full credit will go into your helpful work, as well as a custom item, character etc.

Level 4
Hmm... I need a good save/load system, quests, extra inventory, maybe some professions, first person and third person modes, other things that i cant think of now. Just basic RPG things.

Level 9
UC16, if you are in that mindset then you are never going to advance in WC3 Modding.
This is my suggestion. Make an easy type of map like a small hero arena. Ask for help where needed but do not ask people to make stuff for you. I made a hero arena a while back, worked on for about four months. I was a complete nube and did everything wrong but went back and improved it, tested out new experiments in new maps. Don't be afraid to try new things. Whats gonna happen? You have to delete a line in a trigger, thats right; go try new trigger options, try new things. Now i know everything about GUI triggering there is to know. Teach yourself, learn to trigger, it works.

-Bane

Status
Not open for further replies.