• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

orpg question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
whats the opinion of hive users on making a new orpg
do you think its a good idea to start a one
what do you think the rpg should have in it (post here -http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/what-orpg-needs-good-150385/#post1382924)
who wants to join a project if i start it ( really join it )
if i start it i need
  • a jasser or a triggerer able of doing an equipment system, camera system
    save and load without gamecache, a talent system (catch_ya)
  • second jasser or a triggerer for helping the first one and doing spells
  • a terrainer (expirienced) who works fast (brett is the only one who sad that he can join)
  • another project leader to help me and everyone finish it

so four more people

Last edited:
Level 5
I am a great terrainer and I have been looking for a team for an RPG.
I can do more than just terrain but no JASS plz.

If I got in on this RPG I would have to share my Ideas
(I have some good ones)

Level 5
send me some of my terrain of what? u have to give me an idea of what im making xD

Level 15
whats the opinion of hive users on making a new orpg
do you think its a good idea to start a one
what do you think the rpg should have in it (post here -http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/what-orpg-needs-good-150385/#post1382924)
who wants to join a project if i start it ( really join it )
if i start it i need
  • a jasser or a triggerer able of doing an equipment system, camera system
    save and load without gamecache, a talent system
  • second jasser or a triggerer for helping the first one and doing spells
  • a terrainer (expirienced) who works fast (brett is the only one who sad that he can join)
  • another project leader to help me and everyone finish it

so four more people

There are already too many ORPG's in progress..if you want your to be better than other you really have to think of something unique and have a few exprerienced project members too!

Level 5
well my unique idea is that somewhere on the map there is a strange little place where it teleports u to some world where things r different maybe because in this other place a war started,a species was killed etc things that would change the future

Level 7
ok about the attribute system i already have one similar to the one in tkok
and for the fighting system i have some ideas about adding shields
and weight to weapons witch could effect attack speed

Level 2
I can help you with triggers. I know GUI and i will cr8 you if you need Full screen inventory, Attach system, Casting system, Camera system, Talk system, Talent system, and good spells and class.

Level 7
well my unique idea is that somewhere on the map there is a strange little place where it teleports u to some world where things r different maybe because in this other place a war started,a species was killed etc things that would change the future

nice but its a complete storyline witch is not usable in multiplayer

Level 4
A good orpg/rpg needs 2 things and 2 things only, structure and uniqueness. You can make an rpg easy, but making it popular is a completely different story, as well as it working. You need to have a structured list of events and it needs features that make it different. In my opionion, I like single player rpgs better then orpgs, because you have complete free will with one person (or maybe more) where as in a orpg your limited in online play. So, if your wanting to make an orpg/rpg, come up with feature ideas that make your idea different then other rpgs (like the 5 million same rpgs that exsist.) And yes, I would like to join your project if you would have it. Although I am working on my own map, I can find time to shove this in as well. I am good with unit balancing, terraining, and somewhat skilled with cinematics and triggers.

Level 5
ok so,i a cool thing i thought of is that in the beginning u get maybe 1 or 2 spells and which one u use most or how often u used it in lets say a 5 lvl period determines the path of ur next spells to put it simply, lets say u get a fire ball and an ice ball,
u use fire ball more than ice ball in a period u get fireball lvl 2.
Good idea right xD

Edit:eek:h and lets say u get fireball and throw stone, u use throw stone more than fireball u become more warrior,less mana reliant sorta guy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.