• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Order Unit to train/upgrade" issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So I've got a bit of a tricky problem:

I made this trigger to auto-train units from a buildings.

• Training WE 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) Equal to Lesser Water Elemental (Level 1)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to train/upgrade to a (Unit-type of (Trained unit))
The problem is: The building in which these units get produced is (normally) upgradable ( to a higher version of said building, basically level 2 of the building) , but once my trigger ran for the first time ( first auto train happens) , I can't research the building upgrade anymore ( the upgrade icon is gray). It seems like the order of the trigger overwrites any other possible train/upgrade function of the building.

I attached a picture of the problem

Is there a way around this issue?

Attachments

• weqe.PNG
    weqe.PNG
    818 KB · Views: 46
Level 7
Even if you cancel training? If so, try to put a "Wait 0 seconds" before you order the building to train the unit.

Yeah, even when I cancel the training the upgrade can't be done (is still gray). I'll try your wait-trigger suggestion!

Edit: Wonderful! The wait trigger fixed the issue :D Thanks Bo!!

Level 7
you can't upgrade a building while it is producing, so as said either manually cancel the training and then upgrade it, or use a trigger to simulate the upgrade

Even when the training is cancel, the upgrade is still not available.

Status
Not open for further replies.