• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't upgrade building cause of order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone.
So i ordered the building when it is constructed to train a specific unit
and after that unit is finished training i order that building to retrain that unit
First trigger
  • Footman
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to Footman Structure
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Constructed structure) to train/upgrade to a Footman
i need a separate trigger for each building or unit

Now the second trigger
  • Training units
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to train/upgrade to a (Unit-type of (Trained unit))
This trigger apply to al buildings on the map and works perfectly fine, Except for, i can't upgrade the building anymore :(
even if i cancel training the unit and the building is not doing anything i still cant press on the upgrade. and just to make this easier for you, if i put the building on the map before testing "which mean no units is ordered to train on that building" i can upgrade. but as soon as i manually start it, i cant upgrade anymore .
Thanks for help everyone :)

Level 2
Why?
No need for the map,
i assure you that the problem is from the second trigger since i dont have any other triggers on the map. in fact the map itself is empty i am just testing random stuff to learn.
Now how i know its the second trigger?
if i construct a building and stopped training the unit immediatly i can still upgrade it. BUT as long as the first unit is trained "which also mean that the second trigger will order the building to train another one" even if i cancel training the unit, i cant press upgrade anymore.
Looks like the building think it is still training the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.