• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Building then having it build its units automaticly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So I've been making a map based off of an old Roc map but besides that point.

when someone builds there building I want it to start build right away do I need to trigger the building to start or can I use somekinda random mechanic so I don't have to trigger every buildings unit.

[trigger=mytrigger]{trigger}Building
Events
Unit - A unit Finishes construction
Conditions
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
Then - Actions
Unit - Order (Constructed structure) to train/upgrade to a (Random level -1 creep unit-type)
Else - Actions
{trigger}[/trigger]

this is what I tried but did not work.

if you use -1 it means any level

Last edited:
Level 7
It won't work if the building doesn't have the unit in the list of available units for training.

If you want to make it random you have to create a unit-type variable with array, put each unit-type from 1 to 12 max, and then you put Variable[random number between 1 and 12] or whatever is your max

Level 7
(Random level -1 creep unit-type)
This, is a random value, it means that, there's a really little chance to select the Only unit in the building, why don't you put a condition on the trigger and the corresponding unit type?

Status
Not open for further replies.