• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

wont let me upgrade after i train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
i have a barracks. i have taken away all tech-tree requirements. and made a barracks2 for it to upgrade to. but after i train one unit, it wont let me upgrade. if i dont train a unit i can upgrade. but it wont let me upgrade the barracks from 1-2 unless i DONT train. why is this? if it has to do anything with triggers i use this trigger.

event-
Unit- A unit Finishes training a unit
condtion-
Actions-
Unit - Order Triggering unit to train/upgrade to a (unit-type of (Trained Unit))

i have several different barracks (techlines). but for some reason only one of them refuse to upgrade after i train a unit.

why on earth is this happening?!

Level 7
it wont let me send it in a PM. so ill put it here. im not afraid of it being stolen, this is just kinda a resource file for my map. when my friend is done with thje terrain im gonna copy and paste and work on it. if u plan on changing it yourself plz tell me what u did. or tell me what to do so i can do it.

Attachments

• set of triggers for my map.w3x
    236.9 KB · Views: 49
Level 17
I see your problem already, you have a trigger so that when you train one unit, it starts to train again, but even if you cancel the unit building, the building is still being forced to try and make that unit, therefore rendering upgrades useless.

May I instead suggest a second building called a Cloning VAT based on C&C RA2?

Level 7
whats a Cloning VAT?

thanks anyway. ill get rid of the trigger its not that importantn.

or actually would it fix the problem if i added a "wait for 5sec" action before that one? that way the person has time to click the upgrade button?

Status
Not open for further replies.