• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Order Strings in NewGen WE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Alright, here's the problem.

Before I installed NewGen WE (couple of years ago now) I could copy a spell, and then just change the order string and the copied spell's order remained different from the first spell, so when casting the first spell, the unit doesn't get an order to cast both spells. Right.

With NewGen WE this can't be done. Even though I use the same approach as before Newgen, the order strings stay the same, EVEN THOUGH it says it has a different order string.

Anyone have the same problem, know the solution to fix this, or have I just been doing it wrong for all these years?

Cheers.

Edit:
Maybe I'm thinking of the channel spell?

On another note, while I'm here, is there a way to add buffs to the "Channel" spell? I tried it but it doesn't appear in the status bar.

Last edited:
Level 11
Changing the order string of the spell only changes the order that the unit is given when you click on the spell icon in-game. If the spell still has the same BaseOrderID as another spell the unit has, the unit will still cast both spells even if they have different order strings. The only spell that allows you to change its BaseOrderID is Channel.

Level 6
As I thought, thanks aznricepuff.

Anyone want to answer my other question?
How to add a buff to the Channel ability?
As I said, I've tried it the conventional way, but alas, failz.

Status
Not open for further replies.