• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello everyone, thank you for being here in this thread
I tried to use mpq master to get orb of fire along with other orbs to remove that spinning around animation. But, I did not find it, I only found orb of darkness, orb of slow, orb of corruption and orb of venom. Does anyone know where I can find the rest? I intend to use Magos' War3 Model Editor and I'm not very good at it but I think I'll get it.

Level 21
Does anyone know where I can find the rest?
Can't you just open the orb abilities and look at the model path in the "Art - Target" field?
Orb.png

Level 21
Now how do I remove the spinning animation?
Windows > Node Manager; right-click a node; select "Edit Node"; under Transformations, click on the "Rotation" button; delete the entire data; set both the Global Sequence ID and Interpolation Type to None.

There are usually a couple of nodes; one of them affects the rotation while the other affects the revolution of the orb.

Level 6
Windows > Node Manager; right-click a node; select "Edit Node"; under Transformations, click on the "Rotation" button; delete the entire data; set both the Global Sequence ID and Interpolation Type to None.

There are usually a couple of nodes; one of them affects the rotation while the other affects the revolution of the orb.
for fire it's simple, except for frost orb and lightning orb which have a bunch of code that I'm very concerned of. Also, the code in rotation comes back every time I open it even though I already deleted the code in rotation

Level 21
frost orb and lightning orb which have a bunch of code that I'm very concerned of.
Did you play the animation to check if the rotation is removed (Windows > Animation Controller)?
the code in rotation comes back every time I open it
It's probably another War3 Model Editor bug; try copying the rotation from a node that has no rotation; it should look like this:
0: { 0, 0, 0, 1 }

Last edited:
Level 6
Did you play the animation to check if the rotation is removed (Windows > Animation Controller)?

It's probably another War3 Model Editor bug; try copying the rotation from a node that has no rotation; it should look like this:
0: { 0, 0, 0, 1 }
That's what I saw in node for orbs

Level 21
That's what I saw in node for orbs
That means that a particular node has no rotation. Orb of lightning has bones that transform each individual lightning, but you only need to remove the rotation from the helper on top of the node hierarchy. As I already said, you should play the animation to check if the rotation is removed.

Level 6
That means that a particular node has no rotation. Orb of lightning has bones that transform each individual lightning, but you only need to remove the rotation from the helper on top of the node hierarchy. As I already said, you should play the animation to check if the rotation is removed.

So I should've focused on the top of the node hierarchy. How did I miss that?
Thanks a lot.
Edit: Encountering a problem, the particles still have the animation while the center orb stays

Last edited:
Level 6
From every angle actually. I mean that the the particle sometimes appear in front of the orb and behind the orb, along with somewhat glitching.

Level 21
For Orb of Darkness you should set the priority plane of the material (Windows > Material Manager) to a negative value (e.g. -15) and the priority plane of the particle emitter (Windows > Node Manager) to a positive value (e.g. 15). This should make the particles always render on top of the shadow and never behind it.

Level 6
I only see 1 material, so I set it to a negative value and it works perfectly now. Same thing is done with Orb of Frost
It works now, thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.