• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing movement from this Orb effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi all,

I want to use the following Orb for my map:
Water Orb Attach

Unfortunately it moves in circles around a point (similar to other Orb effects in WC3) and I really just need the orb, without any movement. The Orb should still leave behind the trail of bubbles etc, but I want to move it myself via trigger and not via the in-built animation.

Is that possible?

Cheers

Level 12
Thank you!

Unfortunately it looks a bit different than I hoped for. Currently it looks more like ice, because the bubbles are really small compared to the orb and the orb itself shines very brightly:

d0LX7M1.png

But I want something that really looks like water. Maybe it helps to describe what I want it for:

I'm creating a shield which is based on the 4 elements. Each element is represented by one segment, and these segments rotate around the hero (it's based on Devalut's amazing Bone Armor 1.18 - looks very cool in-game already)

us09pzJ.png

Currently for water I'm using Abilities\Weapons\WaterElementalMissile\WaterElementalMissile.mdl, but I hoped that maybe there is a better effect I can use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.