• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orb of Lightning based ability problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm trying to create a passive Storm Bolt on attack ability, with the use of the Orb of Lightning ability. My only problem is, that the Orb of Lightning ability should be leveled, but the tooltip and icon for the Orb of Lightning ability is showing Storm Bolt's tooltip and icon. Is there any way to fix this?

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Well you can try base the ability of channel. it will fix the issue.
(Channel is a highly customizable ability under the neutral race folder that is made by blizzard for triggered spells)

Level 12
You can set the tooltip and icon for the storm bolt ability to what you want it to be.

On a side note, is this any different from just using the bash ability? I guess if you want to force it to be an orb effect...

EDIT:
I guess it could also have a mana cost / cooldown and even possibly a range limit. Just keep in mind you could use bash if it doesn't use those other things :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.