• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orb of Lightning on Gryphon Rider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi. I want to make Gryphon Riders cast Purge on each attack. So I gave them the Orb of Lightning (new) ability and increased the % to 100. The Problem is, now the Cryphon Rider can't attack... Well he does attack, but there's no missile flying and it's doing no damage.
Also the Purge spell icon (which is always shown when using Orb of Lightning) is grey. Could that have anything to do with it?

I also read, that there's a problem with the spell not activating, when the unit auto-aquires a target. Is there any way to solve this problem? I want to make an AOS map.

Level 2
Nope. Still not working. However, i found out, that he can attack buildings. Targets allowed (for both: Orb of Lightning & Purge ability) are set to Air, Ground & Ward. How does that make any sense?

Level 6
plan a: see if purge ability (whichever you use, there are lots of them) is enabled and researched for human race; delete prerequisites (if any)

plan b: old orb of lightning is better for your purpose, if i understood you well...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Orbs change the attack that the unit uses (units have 2 attacks as you know).
In this case it is only allowing one of the 2 attack the unit has. To fix this simply change it so that the orb allows both or just 1 of the attack (the one you use).

If that does not work try with a different orb ability.

Level 2
Thx for the help. I fixed the problem via triggers. A dummy now casts purge whenever a unit is attacked by a gryphon rider (downside: there's a small timing problem when it attacks from far away).

Tough it would be really useful to know why it didn't work, because I need this mechanism for other abilities (chain lightning with buffs,...). The other orb abilities are just copies of this one, there's no difference. I'll check if the enabled attack index is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.