• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orb of lightning problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I have a modified orb of lightning ability

i edited it so that when the cooldown is ready it casts storm bolt on the target

everything goes fine... until i use an ability to change my melee unit for a ranged one (robo-goblin) then the ability (orb of lightning) disappears :S

IE: ranged unit learns orb of lightning and then learns robo-goblin then i use robo and transform into melee, now the orb of lightning is missing... i learn it again in the melee hero and now i have it lvl 2 .. then i change back to the ranged form and the orb of lightning is missing again... i learn it again (now lvl 3) and so on...

does anybody has an idea of what is happening?

Level 11
yes they do... (if i can learn it with both it is because they have it :p)

EDIT:
Bumping... this issue is really important... and i cant figure out a way to solve it... add ability and enable ability for player does not work either... :S

does anybody have an idea of what could be wrong? or how can i change it to achieve the same effect?

help will be appreciated

BTW: when a hero learns this kind of ability i have a trigger that fires when he learns the orb of lightnin ability... but the trigger doesnt fire at all... it doesnt recognize either my orb of lightning ability nor the storm bolt it uses as an effect :S

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
Bumping... this issue is really important... and i cant figure out a way to solve it... add ability and enable ability for player does not work either... :S

does anybody have an idea of what could be wrong? or how can i change it to achieve the same effect?

help will be appreciated

BTW: when a hero learns this kind of ability i have a trigger that fires when he learns the orb of lightnin ability... but the trigger doesnt fire at all... it doesnt recognize either my orb of lightning ability nor the storm bolt it uses as an effect :S

Hmm, post the trigger so we can see if there is anything wrong with it.

Anyway, I've had this problem in my map(with the orb transforming thing).

I tried Player - Enable <x> ability, didn't work.

However, I don't think I tried removing the ability and readding the ability via triggers.

Try a trigger which stores the level of the Orb of Lightning Ability in an "integer variable" when the hero learns or levels up the skill.

Then, when the unit transforms, remove the ability, then re add the ability to the unit.

Then, set the level using the variable that stored the original level of the ability.

Also make it so that when you relearn the ability again, it removes the ability then re adds it again.

Not sure if you can add orb of lightning abilities to a unit via triggers, but if you can, this should work.

If you don't know what I meant with the triggers, I can do the trigger for you(can't right now though).

Level 11
Hmmmm, I tested it a bit. And it seems that only the passive things survive the morphing. I mean the +damage, model attachments and projectile model change. It really disappears and there is nothing hardcoded I can do :(

well... youve seen it yourself... it is very weird :S thx for trying to help ^^

Hmm, post the trigger so we can see if there is anything wrong with it.

Anyway, I've had this problem in my map(with the orb transforming thing).

I tried Player - Enable <x> ability, didn't work.

However, I don't think I tried removing the ability and readding the ability via triggers.

Try a trigger which stores the level of the Orb of Lightning Ability in an "integer variable" when the hero learns or levels up the skill.

Then, when the unit transforms, remove the ability, then re add the ability to the unit.

Then, set the level using the variable that stored the original level of the ability.

Also make it so that when you relearn the ability again, it removes the ability then re adds it again.

Not sure if you can add orb of lightning abilities to a unit via triggers, but if you can, this should work.

If you don't know what I meant with the triggers, I can do the trigger for you(can't right now though).

yes i know how to do it and i understood you very well (i was thinking on doing something like that) but this makes me remember my other problem which is:

for ie: your modified orb of lightning ability is called "MAB" and you use as an effect "EAB"

in my trigger i use as a condition "ability being learned = to MAB" but the trigger doesnt fire... it is supposed to set a boolean==true but that doesnt happen... the trigger doesnt fire... it is only 1 condition and 1 action... it doesnt fire either if i use "ability being learned == EAB" either or both abilities inside an "OR any condition" :S

thx anyways guys... ill try the trigger thingy and see what comes out... and for the learning ability ill try to check for all of the other abilities not == to true :p

PS: sry Rui but i needed help on this :/

EDIT: i could solve one of my problems with this

• Dohko uses Alternate weapon ANTI BUG 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Robo-Goblin
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Unit - Remove modified Orb of lightning ability from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add modified Orb of lightning ability to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Set lmodified Orb of lightning ability for (Triggering unit) to modified_Orb_of_lightning_ability_lvl
if i dont use the wait it wont work

but i still have the problem of detecting when the ability is learned... :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.