• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Orb of Lightning doesn't proc in some situations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Orb of lightning is just wierd. I need confirmation on these situations if they make Orb of Lightning not proc(and fix if they do). Also i know I can fix all these if i trigger it myself.

1st(known and fixable): OoL doesn't proc if the unit auto aquires target.

2nd: OoL doesn't proc if unit is silenced.

3rd(ranged only): OoL doesn't proc if the unit attack projectile hits while target is out of vision).

EDIT: All tested with storm bolt as the proc ability, and OoL as a hero ability (2nd maybe wont bug if its item ability?)

Level 3
Thnx for help. I need someone to test using the proc ability (in this case storm bolt) as item ability and see if it works for 2nd situation (while silenced), or mb using OoL itself as item ability added by trigger to unit.

Level 3
OoL wont work while silenced even if both (OoL and proc(effect)) ability are item abilities (except when u have OoL itself as item)

tbh this kills OoL efficency (unless someone doesnt care for these side effects) till someone finds a fix for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.