• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orb of Lightning Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello everybody, so I'm kinda new to the whole orb of lightning thing and I was wondering if there is a way to connect the orb of lightning ability to a trigger. e.g. I attack a unit, orb procs, and a footman is spawned.

Thanks in advance, Quetzalcotl

Make a damage detection system:
  • Trigger1
  • Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Trigger - Add to Trigger 3 <gen> the event (Unit - (Picked unit) Takes damage)
  • Trigger 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Trigger 3 <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)
  • Trigger3
  • Events
  • Conditions
    • (Level of (Orb of Lightning) for (Damage source)) Greater than 0
    • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or Equal to 60 //In the place of "60" add the chance you added in the Orb of Lightning ability. This is an Integer Comparison
  • Actions
    • Set Point1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Damage source)) at Point1 facing default building degrees
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)

Status
Not open for further replies.