• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orb of Fire

This is my spell made for challenge between me and roflcoptor and forsaken.
Spell:
Orb of Fire - [Level ?]
Creates powerful orb which damages all units and knockbackes random enemy unit. Lasts 3 seconds and triggers every 0.5 seconds.

Level 1 - 10 normal damage every period, and 10 knockback damage per unit in range
Level 2 - 20 normal damage every period, and 20 knockback damage per unit in range
Level 3 - 30 normal damage every period, and 30 knockback damage per unit in range

Manacost: 90/120/150
Cooldown: 30/27/25
If you think it is bad or something please watch video ;)

Keywords:
Orb, Fire, Spell, Knockback, Calex3
Contents

Orb of Power (Map)

Reviews
00:46, 31st Dec 2009 TriggerHappy: The effect was cool and the coding was fine.

M

00:46, 31st Dec 2009
TriggerHappy:

The effect was cool and the coding was fine.

Level 17
Well thanks! And i would made this water but challenge asked me to do Fire so....
And i have few double freeing in coding but i don't really care to fix it cause i won the challenge....and they are not big problem....
Anyway Thanks!(to Dark Dragon)
~Calex3_†
And thanks to you too SheepHunter

Reactions: unk
Level 17
calex3 said:
And i have few double freeing in coding but i don't really care to fix it cause i won the challenge....and they are not big problem....
Some WC3 versions spam the screen with red errors if double freeing occur.
Don't fix that, and you'd be getting a review telling no one to use the spell...

I already mentioned that I really do like this spell, but you've got to fix it.

Gd luck with that! :)

Level 9
Yeah definately a great spell, my holidays kinda screwed me, taking 2 days of time, which i definately needed for fixing leaks.
Meh, I wasn't even able to read the thread again after returning, so I'll congratulate you here.
Anyway you seem to be pretty proud of yourself, don't you (look at filename)?

Only thing to complain is the roar effect, not quite fitting the fire IMO, but else than that nice spell.

Btw, I'll upload my (fixed) spell soon ;D

Deut, mind showing and explaining me those double-frees?
I think it's something about double removing locations or so, but I'm not quite sure.

If I set FS_AoE to 900, how come the effects don't go out 900? Making things look weird, they are being pushed by nothing.

I also think you should comment your configurables more.

He is right, meaby make dummy size, dummy speed, dummy range from "axis" of spell to depend from AoE?

I dont like Battle Roar Effect you put, but it is changeble. I will give you 5/5 because it is easy fixeble :)
Good Job! :thumbs_up:

Level 1
Looks great, but it wont go into my map without giving me trouble, the "FS_Index" variable is the problem, I don't understand what is wrong with it!

Last edited:
Level 1
It doesn't work for me D: i copied over the 4 triggers and the dummy unit, along with sphere, and the 2 spells (stun and orb of fire), and when i cast it in game, nothing happens : / and its gonna take like 3 hours to check every piece of the triggering between my map and the one i imported the spell from, is there a faster way?