• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fire Orb, Version 1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a simple MUI spell I created. You simple target a location, creating a Fire Orb there. After that the Fire Orb will move forward shooting out fireballs and leaving a path of fire behind it. Upon it's death it will explode, dealing AoE damage. There are also a small % chance that the AoE damage upon death will be critical, dealing more damage.

You can simply modify the spell by changing variables.

Version 1.0
> Uploaded the spell

Keywords:
Fire, Orb, Fire Orb, Flood, The_Flood, Explosion, AoE, damage, path
Contents

Spell: Fire Orb (Map)

Reviews
08:09, 28th Oct 2015 This resource has been Rejected by BPower. Criticism: I can't see a development of the thread since 2009. Please re-submit it, if you wish to work again on the flaws of your spell. 15:45, 8th Oct 2009 TriggerHappy187...

M

08:09, 28th Oct 2015

This resource has been Rejected by BPower.

Criticism:
I can't see a development of the thread since 2009. Please re-submit it, if you
wish to work again on the flaws of your spell.

15:45, 8th Oct 2009
TriggerHappy187:

I'm not going to approve this while it utilizes custom data.

Level 19
Well the idea is nice but the triggering could be better^^
Anyway in the future avoid using custom values, they tend to mess up things with other custom value spells/systems.

It's whatever if I use a custom value if the unit is only for this spell? I don't think other systems/spells would wan't to use another custom value with my Fire Orb dummies.

Level 25
Yeah but what hapens when your spell is active and an another spell that uses custom values activate on your unit that is using custom values?
It gets messed up.
I didn't said that it is bad and that those cases are often i only sugested that you improve your triggering by avoiding them to avoid any potential bug...

Level 22
Yeah but what hapens when your spell is active and an another spell that uses custom values activate on your unit that is using custom values?
It gets messed up.
I didn't said that it is bad and that those cases are often i only sugested that you improve your triggering by avoiding them to avoid any potential bug...

thought you could use custom values if it were used on dummies? what I know from my newbie skills they dont mess up if you use different dummies to spells but dunno, you're prob right