• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Opening WEU Maps with Newgen?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Need some serious help with this... Was wondering isn't Newgen suppose to compatabile with WEU..? Like an option you can choose? If so, can anyone tell me how to set it up, or maybe they removed it in the newer version?

Level 10
They're compatible, to an extent.

When opening a WE saved map under NewGen, you'll get prompted because the map was saved with WE. Just click yes.
When opening a NewGen saved map with WE... well not sure what happens because I've not yet needed to.
Long as the map has no Jasshelper only stuff you should be able to open it with WE and save it again without problems, but if you've used vJASS you can open it, but WE aint gonna compile it.

Level 5
Yeah, I've checked it all. I was told it was the UMSWE function, but that didn't do it (and is already enabled by default). Could you tell me which one exactly it is by any chance? Also, these are my errors:

Level 4
This is simple, Download WEU Temporarily, and remove ALL WEU Functions, Most basic WEU Functions used wqould be

Game - Display to (Triggering Player) <message>
and the
Destroy (This Trigger)

Its not very hard, just change them, to Game - Display to (All Players)
and Trigger - Turn off (This Trigger or whatever)
Then you can proceed to removing WEU from your computer.

Triggers that are World Editor Unlimited add ins have a tag attached to them int he Trigger Desc. which says [WEU-Add in]

Its not hard, just converting the triggers to Warcraft III World Editor triggers.

Level 5
Wow.. I never knew the Destroy trigger and displaying text to a specific trigger were WEU functions.. lol. Ok, I'll try that. I had deleted all the variables and script from the heading as well, I assume you wanted me to do that as well, right? And what about reverting all the terrain tiles/cliffs?

EDIT: I don't see the [WEU-Add in] next to the game display ones. =/

Also, do you have like MSN or AIM or anything?

{EDIT}
Ok, I found the Destroy Trigger function and deleted it. Now I got one for IssuePointOrderLocBJ, what is that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.