• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Open Warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm about to make my first map that will be public. The systems in it are as follows

Unit Design-Allows better players to use a system to edit stats and models of there units(all players can use it but noobs can use default settings

Simplified Simcity Base Building- The players will have to set up roads create a water plant, power plants and the such.

Castle Building- Castle building will be simular in most respects to castle builder highlands except the walls will be larger so the player doesn't have to spend as much time working on them.

Item Based Research-Forces the player to gather material for study to conduct research.

Realistic Warfare- Foot soldiers wont be able to destroy buildings they need stronger but much slower things like tanks and bombers. certain technologies like guns will be a huge advantage once obtained.

Name Changing- I dont know how to do this but I am sure theres some one nice enough to help me once a good chunk of the game is done.

So my question is where should I set this. My Ideas so far are either

a)allow players to travel and inhabit several planets (probally like 12)
b)all players are on one planet from beggining to end
c)same as b except the planet is earth
d)allow players to travel threw four domensions

Level 2
Im having difficulty posting my image. For some reason the properties section of vista is set up diffrently. Ill have pics up once I can put it onto another comp. If you want I can email the pics I have now. Not much done yet just some terraining and the begginings of the techtree

planet1ak4.jpg

capturexl2.jpg

roads will be edited later to look nicer. The castle in the image is thanks to illidanxevil and the circles of power are where land has been zoned.

I will put up more pics later once I can figure out which firewall turned on and decide to block my uploads

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.