• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

One question about geosets and meshes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hi!
I'm wondering how can i merge geoset that has meshes that are using the same material but aren't attached to the same bone. I've saw a lot of model that has, for example, both arms and legs (meshes) in the same geoset.
Well, when i use the geosetmerget it creates a new geoset, so i hav like 7 geosets i my model when im using only 2 materials. xD
So, anyone know how to do it? +Rep for those who helps. :D

P.S.: I'm using free tools.

Level 18
Oh, but why. Mdlvis does this perfectly.

(well, there's some bug with attaching vertices to helpers named Bone_Chest and Bone_Pelvis, just make a bone in Magos that is child node to that helper and attach to it instead).

On the contrary, BlinkBoy, I find it very user-friendly.

Last edited:
Level 16
Well, BlinkBoy, i don't have 3dsmax. I said "I use free tools" (i don't have its "Jack Sparrow" version neither.)
I have MdlVis, but i don't know how to do this with it.
And DonDustin, I find your tutorial a bit hard. I will see if i can do something with your info. +Rep for you! Thanks!

Anyway, i hope you guys made a more complete tutorial of this with free tools, because there are many people like me that want know how to do this and this is very hard to some people.

See ya! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.